Bought A Yami.

Usually working on this thing proves to be difficult as I normally have to wait until charlie goes to bed. However today he had school and I don't work Fridays.

I still don't understand why it wont run. It has fresh gas, a new spark plug making a fat blue spark, and putters like its going to take off. It's not like my yellow bike where I can drag it behind the jeep due when its being difficult. Any ideas? I am giving it to charlie on the 3rd of November for his birthday and I'm sure the local shop would not get to it by then.

So it idles but doesn't take any throttle?

I had one that was so full of carbon in the exahust port that it would start up and run untill you tried to move or give it gas. Might be worth takeing the head off

Won't start. It gets close but it won't. It did when I bought it and it ran decent enough. I took the front end apart to do the steering stem bearings and it has not fired up since. All electrical connections appear to be good, and like I said, I get a fat spark.

James

Staff member
First place I would start would be the carb, make sure it's clean.

Also make sure that you have a fresh air filter in.

Air filter was off and the plug was wet when pulled. I is stumped. I didn't have any time to fuck around with it for the rest of the weekend. I spent the majority of it painting the inside of a closet and hanging hooks.

Air filter was off and the plug was wet when pulled. I is stumped. I didn't have any time to fuck around with it for the rest of the weekend. I spent the majority of it painting the inside of a closet and hanging hooks.

I would start by tearing the carb off and cleaning it. The put fresh premix in it. start there

I have a PW that I bought for my son 12 yrs ago. I also have this issue as its the quality of pump gas... if the bike sits too long it gunks up the carb and wont start... clean the carb, works every time... also lube the choke cable as they like to rust.

I have a PW that I bought for my son 12 yrs ago. I also have this issue as its the quality of pump gas... if the bike sits too long it gunks up the carb and wont start... clean the carb, works every time... also lube the choke cable as they like to rust.

It had sat for two weeks since it had run last. I guess its worth a shot. Hopefully I will have a chance to get at it this weekend.

Tonight he told me he wanted a yellow bike. I hope he's not too disappointed.

There was once my Son (or Me) didn't turn off the gas over night, and the fuel overflowed into the cranckcase on his PW80. Maybe only a half a pint of gas, but enough to drown the plug when you tried to start it. If you have the tank off, try pulling the plug and turning the thing upside down and see what happens.:noidea:

There was once my Son (or Me) didn't turn off the gas over night, and the fuel overflowed into the cranckcase on his PW80. Maybe only a half a pint of gas, but enough to drown the plug when you tried to start it. If you have the tank off, try pulling the plug and turning the thing upside down and see what happens.:noidea:

I did notice I left the fuel on...