Bought A Yami.

I bought my first Yamaha today. It's a pw 50 for my soon to be four year old. If I can hide it from him long enough he will get it for his birthday Nov. 3rd.

It's a 97 model so it needs a couple things. The brakes are soft. The front isn't too bad and I'm sure it just needs to be adjusted. However the rear wasn't even enough to slow me down at all. Also the steering stem bearings are toasted. I am am going to try and dig into it a bit tonight. It is also missing the governor screw but I should have something lying around that will work.

I need to get the purple graphics removed. However the seller owns a graphic company and I worked in a custom set of graphics included in the deal. I just need to pick something out.

I had one I bought for my oldest boy for christmas when he was 5 then held on to it when I other boy turned 5. It was an 80's model and that thing ran and ran and ran. 2stroke ftw!!

I get free custom graphics for it too, but I am not creative at all. I need to get these people high res images of what I want for this thing. Any body game for letting me steal their ideas? Keep in mind they are for a 4 year old and must be mommy approved.

I get free custom graphics for it too, but I am not creative at all. I need to get these people high res images of what I want for this thing. Any body game for letting me steal their ideas? Keep in mind they are for a 4 year old and must be mommy approved.

What's his favorite color(s)

cks_mini_shroud.jpg

I got the new steering stem bearings in tonight. How archaic. However it is solid now. All Balls dust boots for the forks do not fit though.

These little bikes are great as I had one for my boy when he was 6 years old. I also used to put a garden hose in the exhaust and shove it down some gopher holes and get rid of the little bastards. :smirk: It worked great, a lot more results than those gopher bombs you buy. Got to love the 2 stroke for the clean exhaust coming out.

I adjusted the brakes last night. They work fine and don't need to be replaced.

That said I went to go "test" them but I couldn't get it to start. It putters like its going to go but never took off. Almost like it was running and you hit the kill switch. I did find and exposed wire for the start-run-off switch and wrapped it, but it still wouldn't go.

Usually working on this thing proves to be difficult as I normally have to wait until charlie goes to bed. However today he had school and I don't work Fridays.

I still don't understand why it wont run. It has fresh gas, a new spark plug making a fat blue spark, and putters like its going to take off. It's not like my yellow bike where I can drag it behind the jeep due when its being difficult. Any ideas? I am giving it to charlie on the 3rd of November for his birthday and I'm sure the local shop would not get to it by then.