Bore or Nikaseal ????

Thank you again for the straight answer, Local shop ? Do you mean PowerSeal USA (I've decided on them because, they replied to me with info) or Honda. I'll purchase the Piston set from them too. Thank you....

I mean a local repair shop in your Nieghborhood.

Sir, Mihylo33. Neighborhood ? Yellow Pages ? What do I look up "Machine Shops"... Do you think I could do it my self, with (a lot of Hone Oil) 67.50mm Flex-Hone, Telescoping Gauges, and a Digital Caliper. I took a 1.10 Oversized Piston out of the engine upon disassembly.

Attachments

• Studs Removed..JPG
    Studs Removed..JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Needs Hone..JPG
    Needs Hone..JPG
    223 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5448.JPG
    IMG_5448.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 9
Sir, I'm not taking my Bike to a dealer. Do you know any such Machine shops that will do this type of work. Better yet can I do this work myself with the proper tools and mechanical knowledge. By the look of my Cylinder all it needs is a Hone and Matching Piston.

Sir, I'm not taking my Bike to a dealer. Do you know any such Machine shops that will do this type of work. Better yet can I do this work myself with the proper tools and mechanical knowledge. By the look of my Cylinder all it needs is a Hone and Matching Piston.

Yes you can.
Get a service manual and start from there.
Then google motorcycle cylinder honing using a stone hone. Not a ball hone but a stone hone. Don't be shy with the honing oil either.

Sir, You mean a Mechanical Hone vs. a Flex Hone. I've worked with Hones on Automotive Drum Brake Cylinders. Using a generous amount of Honing Oil, and the correct size mechanical Hone. Here's another Problem, Matching a Piston, When I disassembled the Engine the Piston and Head were in Bad shape (see Photo). The Piston was a Wiseco Piston, the Bore size was 67.50mm / Oversize 1.10 / Displacement 249cc and the stroke was 72.00mm. I gather I will need the same size Piston. Thank you again Sir's...

Last edited:
Sir's Piston matching ? Another Wiseco Piston, last 4 digits in the Part #6750. See Photos...

Attachments

• IMG_5580.JPG
    IMG_5580.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 6
  • The Head is Pitted  WHY.JPG
    The Head is Pitted WHY.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 5
This is why I recommend taking it to a shop. Unless the cylinder is in our hand then none of us can give you exact information. A shop will look at it and tell you exactly what you need and if we had all this information in the very first post you would be riding this bike by now. So take the cylinder to a motorcycle repair shop in your area and they will tell you exactly what you need to do, what parts you need to order and how much it will cost. You're better off for now and you will get a face to face education and direct answer for everything instead of us having to guess. Also take that head with you as it needs to be milled.
@SRAD97750 , you may close this thread now. :smirk:

Thank you Sir's. It's been an interesting experience, Sorry I've been miss leading you all. This Thread is now CLOSED

No worries..... "thread closed" is from another forum. If you hang around long enough you'll see what we mean. Now get through that 1st step and start a "86 CR250"" Build" thread. That will ensure you get advice from all sorts of pros here at DBA:thumb:

No worries..... "thread closed" is from another forum. If you hang around long enough you'll see what we mean. Now get through that 1st step and start a "86 CR250"" Build" thread. That will ensure you get advice from all sorts of pros here at DBA:thumb:
Thank you Sir's. It's been an interesting experience, Sorry I've been miss leading you all. This Thread is now CLOSED
If there is anyone that can over bore or hone a cylinder/hole, it's Mike. Just ask half of the canadian woman population.

Like I said, I would use langcourt.
All parts can be found on Ebay, or punch in discount honda parts.

Havn't you heard????

Just got word that Langcourt has closed it's doors. Guess because of all the EG root gargles thinking that he actually is on the front line plating your cylinders at Millennium. Shit, he doesn't even work there anymore. To bad, they were such a great company! :cry::cry::cry:
Front page:

Effective immediately, we will discontinue the business Langcourt Performance Inc.
We deeply regret this decision, but due to a steady decline in our business over the past three years, we no longer can continue to operate at a loss.

We will no longer be accepting cylinders for repair or plating.

If you have any questions please contact us at (334) 887-9633 or info@langcourtperformance.com.

We will be concentrating our future focus & efforts on our Arsenal Racecraft performance kit business.

We would like to thank our loyal Dealers & Customers for your past business and support!

Sincerely,
The Staff of Langcourt Performance