Body Lift?

I was just wondering if anybody here has a body lift on their rig? I was thinking of getting a 3" or so, but am a little skeptical.

If you are just going for looks... You can do a body lift. Or if you are going to off road capability's i would do a 4inch suspension.

It's mostly for looks. My biggest worry is component failure. i.e. Wheel bearings, CV joints, etc..Being 17 and a fry slinger, I don't make that great of money haha. And cmon, lets be honest. The bike drains a ton of money!

The body lift will cost you every mile you drive in reduced gas mileage. The lift makes for more wind resistance.

Oversize wider tires are what usually messes with wheel bearings.

A pic of said truck you want to body lift would be nice. If you lift the truck, are you leaving the stock tires on? If so, that could make it look kind of dorky. 17 and a Fry slinger? I would save my money for other things than a body lift. If the truck is getting to and from the places you need to be, than wait for the future when you end up buying a newer truck and have more money to do this right. As Cleonard said, once you lift a vehicle, you will decrease the gas mileage you are getting.

James

Staff member
I would save my money for other things than a body lift. If the truck is getting to and from the places you need to be, than wait for the future when you end up buying a newer truck and have more money to do this right.
Ditto :thumb:

I'd put the money towards my bike. :ride: