Black vehicle ?

Anyone with a black vehicle have any super secret tips they wanna share concerning keeping your black beauty look like a black beauty? Anyone try Turtle Wax Black Box? Thanks in advance:thumb:

Anyone with a black vehicle have any super secret tips they wanna share concerning keeping your black beauty look like a black beauty? Anyone try Turtle Wax Black Box? Thanks in advance:thumb:

I've had several black beauty's.........latest was a black Dodge Quad Cab Hemi.......Vaaaaaaaaroom. I never touched the paint I always took it to the ragless...:devil:...carwash guys. I had a buddy borrow another black vehicle once, he thought he'd pay me back by washing and WAXXING it...needless to say, he never had a black vehicle before...you couldn't stare at it for lengths of time due to the swirls on it would nake you woozy...true story! :crazy:

If you insist on doing it yourself, stick with a spray on wash off type...JMHO...:prof:...

I shy away from black vehicles for this very reason. However, with my red vehicle and all others, I use Meguires cleaner wax in one and it always works great. It comes in a red bottle. I have used everything else but I always come back to this particular product. :thumb:

James

Staff member
When I sold my (black) car I swore that I'd never get black again. I guess that saying "once you go black, there's no going back" is true as I ended up getting a black truck. :foul:

One thing I do know is that you should never try buffing it yourself as black will show every little screw up. :bonk:

When I sold my (black) car I swore that I'd never get black again. I guess that saying "once you go black, there's no going back" is true as I ended up getting a black truck. :foul:

One thing I do know is that you should never try buffing it yourself as black will show every little screw up. :bonk:

kinda what I was trying to say when I said SWIRLS :foul:.....:smirk:

I've had 3 black trusk (2 P/U's and 1 Yukon 4x4...currently have a black IS 3fiddy. Best looking vehicles there are when clean...makes you want to keep them clean. :thumb:...:cry:...:foul:....

I waxed this one a while before the pic, and we live on a dirt road, so dirt accumulates quick....

#6 cleaner wax and random orbital buffer... The truck is a 1998 btw
261808_216656761707882_100000906795480_619650_7000856_n.jpg

don't use terri cloth,,,period. use a t-shirt type material. I use that on my bike all the time and never leave a swirl. Terri cloth or those buffer pads are really ruff on your paint job. Those buffers are for lazy phukers :lol: take a day and do it by hand and with a cloth that is not ruff.

:thumb: lets see this black beuti...oh nevermind.:smirk:

I just acquired a black on black vehicle and I am having my detailer (yes you heard me) come by this weekend and take care of the previous owners swirl job. Once that is done, I have a great product that keeps it looking sharp afterwards. Micro fiber duster and cloth is a great tool to keep it looking good. Parking in the garage is another bonus.

don't use terri cloth,,,period. use a t-shirt type material. I use that on my bike all the time and never leave a swirl. Terri cloth or those buffer pads are really ruff on your paint job. Those buffers are for lazy phukers :lol: take a day and do it by hand and with a cloth that is not ruff.

:thumb: lets see this black beuti...oh nevermind.:smirk:
or do it in less than an hour with a buffer :moon:

I have waxed my neighbors 50ft searay 3 times... I have become good friends with the buffer...

The best way to keep a black vehicle looking good is to sell it.:smirk:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Black is the worst for showing any imperfections, but you already knew that...

All my trucks and cars I've ever owned were white, silver, or gray. They still look good dirty, and don't show the scratches and wear and tear.