Bike for a woman?

Welcome..:wave:
May be out of budget but the KTM Freeride is a sweet scooter. Light, 250 2 stroke with lights and can be equip to be street legal. It already has the horn button. Low profile seat and weight is around 200lbs. Electric start only. I owned one until last Oct and sold it, but was a great bike to chase the grandkids around on. You can lug it as it is trials bike friendly. It also did well on big boy rides.

Probably out of budget. Wife doesn’t want to spend more than $1k for this toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here's my $.02 -
I always like to see what the same bike sells for around the country or local area, and use SearchTempest. It'll search all Craigslist ads within any distance you want. Here is a link to a search I just did for that exact bike (and there is at least one of the same year);
https://www.searchtempest.com/search?search_string=klr 250&category=8&subcat=mcy&hasPic=1&srchType=T&minAsk=&maxAsk=&autoMake=&autoModel=&minYear=&maxYear=&cityselect=zip&location=85138&maxDist=2000&region_us=1&region_can=1&region_mex=1&Region=combined&addCities=&subCities=&q=intitle:klr+intitle:250+"image"++inurl%3A%28mcy%29

Electrical problems on old bikes can be, well...problematic. Are you sure its just the lights that are affected? Can you still get parts if its something else? eBay is a valuable resource for bikes that old.
These are some things to keep in mind.
Look at the link I provided and see if dude is in the ballpark. Maybe he'll let it go for 700-800???
But go look at it, bring the wife with. It's probably a good bike for her size and ability. If it runs good and she likes it, buy it.
$1000.00 is about the minimum price you will find a running bike of that size in my area, and I look every day.
Good luck!

Last edited:
I’m fairly certain the electrical won’t be an issue. There are not that many electrical systems on these bikes to begin with and it should be easy to track down and test. If you’ve got current coming out the battery, then you go to the next connection and test and so on and so until you find where the current stops flowing. I’m betting it will either be a battery issue, a fuse issue, or a short.

I talked the guy down to $700 cash, so I figure I can’t lose money that way. If I could figure out how to post pics, I would do so. He even sent a video of him cold starting it. Started on the first kick.

Theres not much to the electrical systems for sure, but are parts available if you need them?
Pics need to be under a certain size to post. I use GIMP to rescale when I need to.

So did you buy it?

Brought it home tonight...wife hates it. [emoji1749]‍[emoji3603]

Too tall for her. Says she doesn’t feel confident on it because she has to be on her toes to touch. Looks like I’ll be punting this one. I’m beginning to think the wife likes the idea of riding more than actually doing it.

Too tall for her. Says she doesn’t feel confident on it because she has to be on her toes to touch. Looks like I’ll be punting this one. I’m beginning to think the wife likes the idea of riding more than actually doing it.
Oh damn! You need to bring her with you buddy.

Did you set the sag yet? That may help with the ride height.