Bent subframe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DlnnjGSkg&feature=youtube_gdata_playerI hate riding in the woods, but I was bored so we decided to go ride in this little spot where some kids ride...
Well thanks to one of the many giant holes filled with water thanks to the retarded quad community around here, I went down in a 2 ft. deep LAKE hahaha
Anyways, bent the hell out of my subframe on my 03 cr 250 and CANNOT get it back. I even leaned it against a dumpster, bike stand in between, 2 ratchet straps up front, and comealong on the subframe.. Pulled it WAY PAST straight, left it there for an hour, and as soon as I took it off, it snapped right back to its bent position. Its bent to the left, silencer is over the tire, and its twisted. I'm kinda scared to torch it cause I'm afraid it'll bend it in a different spot. (kinda hard to explain that last part, but if you were looking at it, youd know what I mean)
My friend mentioned a subframe bender lol.... Anyone ever use one?
Ill post pics of the frame when I get home...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

love how its the quads fault and not your own riding skills that caused the crash :lol: its kinda hard to tell exactly from that vid but looks like you hammered into it without lifting or keeping your front tire light which is a :naughty:

Sorry about the bent sub frame. Looking at the crash, I see a few things going on here.
1. You obviously did not do a site lap on this little course you are riding or you would know about the "lake".
2. Looks like some slippery conditions and you hammered in too hard and the front dipped and the back end came around on you.
3. Normally a quad would flatten a turn out in this area and not make a big hole, so I am going with "the kids" riding their bikes over and over in this turn chewed out the hole you hit.

Good luck getting the bike back straight.

No they sit there and hold there front brakes and make big holes and think the 10 foot roost looks SWEET
After a couple laps that turn was covered in water

I have no problems with quads and didn't say I did. I used the term community cause its a large group of hillbillies down there with no helmets and lots of beer :wink:

No they sit there and hold there front brakes and make big holes and think it looks SWEET

I have no problems with quads and didn't say I did. I used the term community cause its a large group of hillbillies down there with no helmets and lots of beer :wink:

:cheers: :ride: :banana:

No they sit there and hold there front brakes and make big holes and think the 10 foot roost looks SWEET

You sure about that? "thanks to the retarded quad community around here" :noidea:

You sure about that? "thanks to the retarded quad community around here" :noidea:
Yes I'm sure. The quad community here is very retarded.

And btw
Thanks for taking this thread in the WRONG direction :wink:

So
Anybody ever use a 'subframe bender'?
I'm wondering if they actually work on a badly bent frame or should I just order one from ebay.....

Yes I'm sure. The quad community here is very retarded.

And btw
Thanks for taking this thread in the WRONG direction :wink:

So
I'm wondering if they actually work on a badly bent frame or should I just order one from ebay.....

:focus:

I bent my sub frame on my old Honda years ago and took the seat and fender off but left the sub on the bike. Took a good size 2x4 and placed it between the rails and bent the sub back. One thing to remember is once you bend a sub frame, it will be weak and bend again easily.

James

Staff member
So
How badly is it bent? Pictures?

If it isn't to bad I'd say just keep it, otherwise get a new/used one.

How badly is it bent? Pictures?

If it isn't to bad I'd say just keep it, otherwise get a new/used one.
ill post pics when I get home.. Its pretty bad. My silencers over top of the tire so I can't even ride :(
Im about to take a spin on my 5 year olds jr 50 hahaha
I tried the same thing with the barbell from a set of weights to no avail...
I think I gotta get a new one. I just looked on ebay and found one around 115 bucks..

James

Staff member
ill post pics when I get home.. Its pretty bad. My silencers over top of the tire so I can't even ride :(
Im about to take a spin on my 5 year olds jr 50 hahaha
I tried the same thing with the barbell from a set of weights to no avail...
I think I gotta get a new one. I just looked on ebay and found one around 115 bucks.
If its bent so far that your exhaust is over your wheel, I'd get a new one. Especially if it's only $115. :thumb:

If its bent so far that your exhaust is over your wheel, I'd get a new one. Especially if it's only $115. :thumb:
Yeah thats what I'm thinking.. Seems like this is the month from hell on my wallet haha