Bass lake ride report

Last time I rode 007 was last October 09 for the first time I ride Miami a lot and want a change so I think I will hit Bass lake more often. I remember parking at the first dirt turn out on Central camp road to hit 007. So if I returnd the day after Thanksgiving this month where do I stage next? Do I drive on central camp to Whiskey camp site or is there another dirt turnout to park around the bend to catch the next 007 trail head?

you can park next to the flume just off the road and ride the dirt road up to where 007 crosses than jump back on 007. Central camp road is ok for non plated bikes.

I checked the other day and the sign is missing...... I would incourage all to call the District Ranger Dave Martin and ask him why he put the sign in we he told the public at several public meetings for the travel management plan that he was going to work on opening 007 trail as soon as the ink was dry on the EIS !!!!! ....the # is 559-877-2218 we need to jam the phone lines and him him to his word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant::rant::rant:

James

Staff member
Cool pics Lug, one of these days I'd like to go on a "forest" ride with you guys. :ride: Rack do you have room for an extra bike in your garage, so I can ride a bike that's actually setup for me? :P

Cool pics Lug, one of these days I'd like to go on a "forest" ride with you guys. :ride: Rack do you have room for an extra bike in your garage, so I can ride a bike that's actually setup for me? :P

As long as you are the one buying it I am sure we can find a spot for it!

James

Staff member
or just make the 3 day drive... thats what i would do but i enjoy long drives
:shocked: I would if I could take a month off from work. It'd probably be cheaper just buying a bike and storing it out there.

6 days to travel 4,600 miles, $1400 in gas, $300-400 in hotels, loss wages, meals....

or

$500-600 round trip plane ticket which will get you there in 8-10 hrs :rocker:

:noidea:

:shocked: I would if I could take a month off from work. It'd probably be cheaper just buying a bike and storing it out there.

6 days to travel 4,600 miles, $1400 in gas, $300-400 in hotels, loss wages, meals....

or

$500-600 round trip plane ticket which will get you there in 8-10 hrs :rocker:

:noidea:

1400 in gas?!?! :shocked: your truck gets 10 MPG highway?!

If i remember right you have an 05 F-150 with the 5.4 right? it is claimed that truck with that engine gets 17mpg highway, so lets say it gets 15mpg highway cuz you like to go 80mph, at 15 mpg with gas at $3 per gallon it would cost you 920 dollars in gas

I would say you would spend 1400 TOTAL taking your bike out there including meals and hotels, plus lost wages

James

Staff member

If i remember right you have an 05 F-150 with the 5.4 right? it is claimed that truck with that engine gets 17mpg highway, so lets say it gets 15mpg highway cuz you like to go 80mph, at 15 mpg with gas at $3 per gallon it would cost you 920 dollars in gas

I would say you would spend 1400 TOTAL taking your bike out there including meals and hotels, plus lost wages
:picard: Not if you're pulling a trailer. BTW how much time did you waste hunting down those numbers? :smirk:

WTF:smirk:

:picard: Not if you're pulling a trailer. BTW how much time did you waste hunting down those numbers? :smirk:

You boys should know better than to question Coach :prof:

Coach, carry on.................... :USA: