Bark Busters / Knuckle Savers

I would have to agree that leaving your bark busters loose is a preference thing. I have just the solid bar type and have hammered trees with them and only thing I can say is thank all that's holy that I had them! I keep mine tight too and never had a problem. Seems like no matter how much I do tighten them though they still move when I hit stuff sometimes. Also the one on the throttle side I do keep a bit loose due to if I tighten it too much it makes the trottle tube stuck due to the expansion screw in the bars. On my old bike I had the plastic brush guards and that's all they are good for. Going through weeds or something. I got a set of emgo<or something like that> off eBay and they actually ended up being pretty good too. They looked just like the acerbis ones with the aluminum bar through them for strength. I was going to get a set of them again for my yammi but just decided to go with the plain solid bar. I guess just for cosmetic reasons :noidea:

I would have to agree that leaving your bark busters loose is a preference thing. I have just the solid bar type and have hammered trees with them and only thing I can say is thank all that's holy that I had them! I keep mine tight too and never had a problem. Seems like no matter how much I do tighten them though they still move when I hit stuff sometimes. Also the one on the throttle side I do keep a bit loose due to if I tighten it too much it makes the trottle tube stuck due to the expansion screw in the bars. On my old bike I had the plastic brush guards and that's all they are good for. Going through weeds or something. I got a set of emgo<or something like that> off eBay and they actually ended up being pretty good too. They looked just like the acerbis ones with the aluminum bar through them for strength. I was going to get a set of them again for my yammi but just decided to go with the plain solid bar. I guess just for cosmetic reasons :noidea:

I have the same problem...I adjusted it just enough by pulling the expansion screw out of the bars enough to allow free movement......don't need any unplanned WFO scenarios......:shocked:

I really like my Highway Dirt Bikes. I chose them because I liked the way that they connect to the bars via the top bar clamp. A very clean setup.:thumb:
I haven't done any bark- bustin' with them yet, but I have done plenty of boulder-bashin' and they hold up very well. They also provide an unexpected bonus. They make bitchin' handles to pick the bike up by. On those very rare occasions when I drop it.:smirk:

After working on my grips yesterday I tried adjusting my busters and found I can't change their angle which as a little too low...I still get protection from the added piece of black plastic. The throttle cable is in the way on the right side.....

I really like the Tusk D-Flex Handguards especially because they come with removable plastic so you can keep them looking decent after wrecks ect and dont have to buy a whole new set. they are only around 50 bucks as well which is good for a starving college student:thumb:
I have used the Acerbis Rally pro's as well and they have been to hell and back but they are a little more expensive. currently im using a pair of moose bark busters that have been great but anything with a aluminum bar is the best IMO.
http://www.dba-links.com/rocky_mountain/index.html

Cycra probends W/ center reach mount are my favorite so far. A little pricey but mount up way more solid then the standard mounts. I've had issues in the past with other full wrap guards moving and bending in a crash and then not bein able to move them back. The only downside to these is that the removable brush guard part is huge and looks kind of funny, but if I was out there for a fashion show I'd just stick to track. J/k track guys

004-2.jpg

here is mine, i dont know what they are, second set, first was cheaper in quality and hardware and failed asap. these are better quality and have wroked great. they are loose so they move. the end of right grip is trimmed away so it doesnt bind.

i took off the plastics, it slides around/off trees better and doesnt catch on the screwws holding plastic on, havent missed the plastic.