South Baldy Mesa OHV Trail Construction Open House

Baldy Mesa OHV Trail Construction Project review Open House

Hey guys & gals

This is NOT another "HELP WE ARE LOSING TRAILS THING !"

The forest service is holding an OPEN HOUSE to discuss a big plan to improve Baldy Mesa. Green Sticker dollars working for us for a change.

You can have real input if you show. They are planning to move the staging area out from under the trestles. Hope you like this part cause I have been begging for this for a while.

The trail plan is designed to make a real OHV loop rather than just a bunch of fire road cut outs.

Come and make a difference. The meeting is for you. It's at the SBNF Fire House right off 15 at 138.

Mormon Rocks Fire Station
March 2 2013: 10:00-12:00
7601 Highway 138
Phelan, Ca. 92371

SRAD97750

Staff member
This is good stuff. As I have noticed a few new signs ADDing trails to the system there. I will definitely try to be there! -BIG DAN:thumb:

Anyone else ? They are trying to do some good with your green sticker dollars. They are holding the meeting on a weekend to accomodate you.

What you say folks ?

Anyone else ? They are trying to do some good with your green sticker dollars. They are holding the meeting on a weekend to accomodate you.

What you say folks ?
well if i was able to make it what should i ask for? i dont know the area well enough to start asking for specifics... i say just give us as much land as possible and let us ride.

Make a riding day out of it if you decide to come this far Travace.

My suggestion: Come to the open house... see what they are proposing... go ride the trails if you like after... send an email by Mar 18 if you have suggestions... if your ideas make sense to me I'll push on them personally to get more traction for you.

When no one shows to these things it makes them think "why did we bother?" They can get green sticker money just as easy to close trails. They apply for grants to keep their people busy and employed. What they apply for depends on which user groups are asking for things. Tree Huggers ask for trail closures. OHVers ask for trails. The forest service needs to know we give a shit if we want them to keep building trails instead of closing them.

SBNF works hard to listen to OHVers these days. It only takes a few people to get their attention. I'd like to see that trend continue for the next few years at which time I believe the green sticker fund will be gone. It expires in 2018. And I doubt the thieves in Sac that keep stealing from it will vote to extend the program.

Big Dan you wanna go hit the trails down there after the meeting. Double has to bail on riding for a family thing right after the Open House.

You all are welcome to join.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I do, but I do not have a bike to ride. I am more than willing to come out and cook burgers or something at the staging area! I will be there at the meeting for sure. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Make a riding day out of it if you decide to come this far Travace.

My suggestion: Come to the open house... see what they are proposing... go ride the trails if you like after... send an email by Mar 18 if you have suggestions... if your ideas make sense to me I'll push on them personally to get more traction for you.

When no one shows to these things it makes them think "why did we bother?" They can get green sticker money just as easy to close trails. They apply for grants to keep their people busy and employed. What they apply for depends on which user groups are asking for things. Tree Huggers ask for trail closures. OHVers ask for trails. The forest service needs to know we give a shit if we want them to keep building trails instead of closing them.

SBNF works hard to listen to OHVers these days. It only takes a few people to get their attention. I'd like to see that trend continue for the next few years at which time I believe the green sticker fund will be gone. It expires in 2018. And I doubt the thieves in Sac that keep stealing from it will vote to extend the program.

I really wish i could make it but the 2nd is my daughters birthday party. I hear what you are saying tho and i would drive the couple hours to make it if i wasnt commited already. if i could go I might not even open my mouth(prolly better anyway) but another head for our side is always good.