Back to school

I have worked 40+ hours a week for the last 2 summers and i still hate every second of school and wish i could be working instead. That being said i still want to go to school because i don't want to have to work shitty jobs the rest of my life...........

+1 :thumb:

These are the best years of your lives right now. Everything you do helps mold your future, carves and shapes you into men and women. Your world drasticly changes when graduation comes. Some of you will hit the work force and others will go onto college. Either way its one of the largest stepping stones in life and the sooner you realize that school is the ultimate tool for success the more you will enjoy it. There's a reason why "us" adults wish we were back in highschool and thats for the 2nd chance, the oppurtunity to change the world and/or make it a better place. We are all grown up and see our mistakes and we are now trying to pass this onto you.... Dont wait for a better tomorrow, make a better tomorrow. :thumb:

+1 :thumb:

These are the best years of your lives right now. Everything you do helps mold your future, carves and shapes you into men and women. Your world drasticly changes when graduation comes. Some of you will hit the work force and others will go onto college. Either way its one of the largest stepping stones in life and the sooner you realize that school is the ultimate tool for success the more you will enjoy it. There's a reason why "us" adults wish we were back in highschool and thats for the 2nd chance, the oppurtunity to change the world and/or make it a better place. We are all grown up and see our mistakes and we are now trying to pass this onto you.... Dont wait for a better tomorrow, make a better tomorrow. :thumb:

Well said M33!

:USA:

For all of you in school that would rather work than go to school. Look at it this way, SCHOOL IS YOUR JOB (for now anyways). Summer is your "vacation". Once you are out of a school summer is only a season as CDA said earlier.

So, be the best student you can be and accelerate at your "job". Once this opportunity of schooling passes there is no getting it back.

Focus and get an education. For you MX'ers, look at high school as Loretta Lynn's. This is your last opportunity to prove your self before you move to the ultimate series in life called adulthood.

:USA:

I wish I could go back to school and back to not having responsibilities. I am only 27 and I already HATE working.AND I WORK FOR MYSELF.

You kids in school have no idea how easy it is. I dont care if you have a summer job I dont care if you work 40+ hours. I applaud you for doing it but at the same time it is just a job.

Wait until the Responsibilities start stacking up on top of the job. Like my dad told me Toilet paper isn't magically in the cabinet. Food and drinks aren't magically in the fridge. You realize this quick when you are on your own. You realize you slack off at work food starts disappearing from the fridge, power gets shut off and I am sure you get the toilet paper issue.

I tell my sister who is a senior this year and works for me in the summer. Enjoy these years its the best years of your life. Dont do anything to screw up the rest of your life or put yourself in a hole to start. Anything beyond that experience it! enjoy it! It will never come back to you. If I could go back I would do what most before me in this post said they would do I would treat school like my job and do the absolute best I can. That way when I get in the "real" world I am already that much ahead of my peers.

There is nothing wrong with making a living with your hands, but let me tell you. Your back wears out before your brain. You can do an office job a lot longer that working with your hands.

But that is just my two cents.

Joan was quizzical; Studied pataphysical
Science in the home.
Late nights all alone with a test tube.
Oh, oh, oh, oh.

Maxwell Edison, majoring in medicine,
Calls her on the phone.
"Can I take you out to the pictures,
Joa, oa, oa, oan?"

But as she's getting ready to go,
A knock comes on the door.

Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer
Came down upon her head.
Clang! Clang! Maxwell's silver hammer
Made sure that she was dead.

Back in school again Maxwell plays the fool again.
Teacher gets annoyed.
Wishing to avoid an unpleasant
Sce, e, e, ene,

She tells Max to stay when the class has gone away,
So he waits behind
Writing fifty times "I must not be
So, o, o, o.."

But when she turns her back on the boy,
He creeps up from behind.

Came down upon her head.
Made sure that She was dead.

P. C. Thirty-one said, "We've caught a dirty one."
Maxwell stands alone
Painting testimonial pictures.
Oh, oh, oh, oh.

Rose and Valerie, screaming from the gallery
Say he must go free
(Maxwell must go free)
The judge does not agree and he tells them
So, o, o, o.

But as the words are leaving his lips,
A noise comes from behind.

Came down upon his head.
Made sure that he was dead.

Silver Hammer Ma, a, an.

going back to school Tuesday. All year I'll have at least 2 study halls a day, and 2 shop classes PLUS ind. engineering(an FFA sponsored class) where I'll dick around the entire time welding stuff. My school year sounds fun.