ATV Trail Locator

I have fixed all errors/crashes for the ATV app. You should download VERSION 4.0. Might take a while for Google to update the play store page, but you can download it right away from my website. The ATV app is now in the hundreds of downloads.

James

Staff member
VIDEO COMING SOON:

VVS website: http://www.valevarkasystems.com/sites/android/atv/vvsatvtraillocator.apk
Android Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valevarkasystems.atvtraillocator

I'm still working on the backend scripting as of now. The reason I released the update even though the backend code isn't finished is because the templates for loading coordinates has changed, and without the update, previous versions will crash.

Update 5.0 includes 9 major additions to the trail application:

1.) Trail Tag - The trail tag adds more identification to the application as this allows you to slightly customize your trail marker so that if a few friends are looking for you, they can tap near-by map blips to see who is at that position, making identification easier. In order to use this feature, users must have an account with ValeVarkaSystems as the trail tag is the rider's username from the site, no longer the first and last name. The default trail tag is "Not Signed In".

2.) Link Pictures/Videos (2 features): Allows you to link already uploaded pictures from your account on Vale'-Varka Systems.com. You must have an account to link pictures or videos as, once again, the data is simply linked from what's already in your account. This was also programmed in this manner so that users can see their previous trail pictures and others as they are already listed in their account interface without having to use the ATV Trail Locator app.

3.) Trail Features, Ride Time, & Info (2 features): When this is activated, users will be take to Vale'-Varka Systems.com to see a list of pictures & videos, best ride time listings, and any trail features, such as, high water, closed, wild animals, unsafe, etc, so that riders on that trail can get an understanding of the safe or danger level of a given trail. This data can also be downloaded by simply tapping the trail markers on the map so that you don't actually have to be in that area to see data for that area as the "Trail Features, Ride Time, & Info" automatically uses your coordinates as the area.

4.) Personal Security/Time Delay: When activated, the user's time stamp is increased by 10 minutes. This is done so that user's can record trails without the worry of someone else tracking/stalking them the entire time. When recording trails and with the personal security option activated, your recorded trails will not show up in other user's phones for at least 10 minutes. This allows you to record a trail and then leave the area, with no one being able to track your movements.

5.) Satellite ON/OFF: This simply allows you to turn the GPS tracking on or off so that you can use the application without, once again, being tracked or have your position broadcasted.

6.) Account (Sign In/Out): This allows you to sign into your Vale'-Varka Systems account. This is needed in order to have a custom trail tag.

7.) Request No Ride Zone/Personal Spot: Some people want to ride with friends and know where they are, but they don't want their trail being publicized. This allows riders to send in request to have a "No ride zone" placed near their personal trails. Now, nothing shows the location of a personal trail more than an empty spot on the map. So, when approved, the "no ride zone's" blank area will be increased by a couple miles in each direction to mask the exact location of a personal trail.

Even more features are planned for the future to increase the efficiency and usefulness.

Here it is! ATV Trail Locator Version 5.0!

ATV Trail Locator V5.0: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUZxBPKRzfg

VVS website: http://www.valevarkasystems.com/sites/android/atv/vvsatvtraillocator.apk

Android Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valevarkasystems.atvtraillocator

Even more features are planned for the future to increase the efficiency and usefulness.

1.) Tilt Phone to move map

2.) "HUD" (heads up display) for compass

3.) Local storage of coordinates

4.) Control who can see your recorded trails

5.) WiFi triangulation

6.) Efficient loading of map coordinates

Trail Locator V6.0 so far in 5 days:

In regards to a tip in a post about the name of the app. I'm also thinking "trail locator", "Routes", or "route locator" to make it sound more universal.

1.png

2.png

3.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

Currently working on the WiFi Triangulation. With this will come an animation denoting which phones are being used to triangulate your position; they will be surrounded by a ring, with you on the edge of that ring. As more phones triangulate your position, those rings will intersect at a common point, i.e. your location. As long as you are using WiFi to triangulate, you will see those rings from other phones.

And yes, that is an icon of a plane! But, that represents, more or less, low speed, private pilots/single prop engines

Next thing you know I'm going to have a satellite icon, just kidding...

10.png