ATV Trail Locator

Download: valevarkasystems.com/sites/android/atv/vvsatvtraillocator.apk

I just uploaded it to the Android Market, check it out: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valevarkasystems.atvtraillocator

I want the opinions of people out there that ride or walk the trails, or simply like using supportive apps.

Here's the deal. I got tired of riding the same trails around my area, but found it hard to locate other trails.

Because of this I developed an Android Application that allows you to find trails traversed by other riders or walkers.

I uploaded a videos to youtube: youtube.com/watch?v=Y_cj4x_6Z18

youtu.be/Wmk3cA2i2vI

This is directly from the description: "This app allows you to find popular off road trails where ATV, dirt bikes, mountain bikes, or walkers traverse.

You can broadcast your location so that other users of the app can see where the action is.

The application automatically records your traveled coordinates and publicizes them so that others can find traveled trails

visit VVS Sites for more information"

What do you all think? Would this help you out? (find popular trails, see where the action is)

If you see this exact post on other forums, it's because I want to get the word out.

Thanks,

If you are going to spam the forums at least do it right. ATV? What's up with that?
If you're going to be... Wait you can't be sarcastic and a simple-minded being at the same time. Having an app named "ATV/Dirtbike/Quad/Moped/Walker/etc Trail locator" would be very stupid. So no, I'm not spamming. Spamming is a repetitive act.

Let's see. You have never posted here before. You are promoting what is really a product even if it doesn't cost anything. You said in your first post that you would be placing similar posts on other boards. Three strikes and you are ...

Try being part of the community first.

Let's see. You have never posted here before. You are promoting what is really a product even if it doesn't cost anything. You said in your first post that you would be placing similar posts on other boards. Three strikes and you are ...

Try being part of the community first.

I have no problem being part of this forum. I'm simply tired of posting so much. You can see I actively monitor my forum topics. So, I'm not simply posting content of no use, doing it to increase my website's ranking, doing it to make money, or making multiple topics in multiple sections. This app and forum post is pinpointed to off road riders. And, I'm making a post that I believe will contribute physically and electronically. I took the time to filter out forums, not simply post, post, post in all forums.

woah woah woah. calm down dude...... he was joking around becuase you started a "ATV" trail locator thread.... us two wheelers are pretty opinionated about having too many wheels under us :lol:
anyhow im curious... what makes your app different from any of the others that already exist?

what makes your app different from any of the others that already exist?

I searched but couldn't find any related to PUBLIC off road tracking. I have head of "My Trails", but I believe that is for local use (personal recording).

Do you know of any others?

I searched but couldn't find any related to PUBLIC off road tracking. I have head of "My Trails", but I believe that is for local use (personal recording).

Do you know of any others?

i should have read the description better and was thinking of apps that show the OHV area's not a tracking app specifically for trails and sharing them. i did find this tho...
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-orv-trail-riding-mobile-app-android-ios.html

anyhow i really like the idea of this app. i cant say for other community's other then here but it seems more people like to keep their trails secret and not post them publicly in fear of the tree huggers using it as fuel against our cause. so i could see conflict unless you can keep em private somehow.

...unless you can keep em private some how.

Perfect! Keep them private as in only phones with specified cell numbers, i.e. 240-555-6789, can view trails posted by a particular device.

So, say a person is recording a new trail. This person can then "send", which really approves, phones with certain numbers or people in his/her contact list.

If you were not approved by said [ :) ] person/phone, then even if you have the app, you cannot view the trail.

This would be the same as word-of-mouth, but more visual.

Perfect! Keep them private as in only phones with specified cell numbers, i.e. 240-555-6789, can view trails posted by a particular device.

So, say a person is recording a new trail. This person can then "send", which really approves, phones with certain numbers or people in his/her contact list.

If you were not approved by said [ :) ] person/phone, then even if you have the app, you cannot view the trail.

This would be the same as word-of-mouth, but more visual.

i should get some royalty's for the idea :P naw but seriously what do you ride and what area's?

if it had the privacy option i could see myself and friends using it as a nice tool to meet up at staging spots that 1 person dont know about.

James

Staff member
So no, I'm not spamming. Spamming is a repetitive act.
Actually per our forum rules (which you agreed to) you are:

Spamming of Goods & Services: Do NOT use this forum to promote or advertise the products or services of any business that you're directly or indirectly associated with. (Unless you're a private individual using the Classifieds section to sell your unwanted or unneeded items) If you wish to advertise on Dirt Bike Addicts please Click Here or use Contact Us feature.

Wikipedia's definition of Forum Spam:
"Forum spam is the creating of messages that are advertisements, abusive, or otherwise unwanted on Internet forums. It is generally done by automated spambots or manually."

However with that said, since as far as I can tell this is a free app, plus it looks pretty cool, this thread won't be removed.

i should get some royalty's for the idea :P naw but seriously what do you ride and what area's?

if it had the privacy option i could see myself and friends using it as a nice tool to meet up at staging spots that 1 person dont know about.

literally, I could mark you in my to-be-complete checklist. I posted this other forums, people know where the idea came from.

I ride a 2005 Honda CRF 250, 4-stroke dirtbike. Yeah the year is old, but a true rider can replace parts as time moves on.

We mostly ride by Southern Maryland Hospital in Clinton, MD. Everything else is utility, or residence due to the fact that it's all suburban.

James

Staff member
literally, I could mark you in my to-be-complete checklist. I posted this other forums, people know where the idea came from.
:idea: When you post Travace's name on other forums, link back to his profile and we'll call it even. :smirk:
I ride a 2005 Honda CRF 250, 4-stroke dirtbike. Yeah the year is old, but a true rider can replace parts as time moves on.
Nothing wrong with an 05, heck I was on an 05 kx250f until I moved up to an 08 this year. However like Trav said...Honda?....Really? :stirthepot: