Arm Pump!

Instead of arguing like a b*tch.................

I think everyone has made a good point, but I feel that it has to do with many variables.

1. What kind of shape are you in
2. How much experience do you have
3. How often do you ride
4. When you get arm pump, are you riding terrain your not used to
5. Are you hydrated
6. What is your diet like
7. Are you gripping to tight

Hydration is a big part and it isn't something you do the morning of your ride, it's something you Daily. Bananas are a great addition to you and your riding, but again it needs to be part of your riding diet (Daily).

Learning to Hydrate and eat the things such as Bananas will help you. Learning to relax your hands and not grip so tight or relax them when possible will help as well. I don't take aspirin due to i am allergic. Although i do think it will help with blood Flo and can't hurt.But then I do feel if your blood is really thin and you get a substantial injury :eek: :excuseme:

Just my opinion :ride:

Hate to sound like a newb, but what is Arm Pump?

Hey HT - You know those things that at first look like Redwood trees, and then you look again and you say to yourself, "hey, are those Redwood trees or are those N-Edge's biceps?" Well, they are probably my biceps with a tad of Arm pump. You're welcome. :smirk:

It is when your forearms tighten up :thumb:

Oh Then it happens to people that ride fast then. I don't go very fast on my quad, I'm to drunk most of the time so I ride slow.

I agree with you DR. As with anything, there is never a magic solution, unless your into "snake oils"

Hey HT - You know those things that at first look like Redwood trees, and then you look again and you say to yourself, "hey, are those Redwood trees or are those N-Edge's biceps?" Well, they are probably my biceps with a tad of Arm pump. You're welcome. :smirk:

:lol::lol:
Redwoods are pretty big. Your forearms must be dragging the ground when you ride.

:smirk:

1. Drink plenty of water everyday.
2. Maintain a Healthy Diet.
3. Stand up more and get over the tank and bars.
4. Loosen the grip on the hands and grip more with the knees (that is what you use anyways to control the bike).

All else fails, ride slow like me.....

The new Fly jersey I got from my son says it is made to combat arm pump it has 2/3 sleeves and no cuff? Not sure how they think that works. I agree with some of the previous guys grip with your knees and loosen up on the hands I try to push on my palms and thumbs more and hold the grip sorta loose.