Are these batteries worth the price tag?

After doing some research, I'm probably just going with a Shorai battery. I don't want to have to deal with battery tenders. And I'm losing around 4 pounds. So thats a huge plus.

And there's nothing wrong with the "magic button". Its not for grandpas, just for "mature" riders. :smirk:

After doing some research, I'm probably just going with a Shorai battery. I don't want to have to deal with battery tenders. And I'm losing around 4 pounds. So thats a huge plus.

And there's nothing wrong with the "magic button". Its not for grandpas, just for "mature" riders. :smirk:

You really think you are going to notice 4 lbs? Come on now sunny boy, Take a dump before you ride and that will be money well spent! :thumb:

M33,
Kick and electric start is not for grandpas, even if I will be one in 9 weeks +/-. They are for non-MX bikes... :moon:

Jr's 350 did not even come with a kick starter. He had to add it just in-case the batt went south out on the trails and he was in a canyon somewhere that he could not push start it. I have a short going on with my Modded TTR right now and it keeps blowing the fuse, so if I did not have the kicker, I would be stranded as well. I just need to pull the tank and seat and look for the wire that may be grounding out on the frame.

My weapon of choice does not have the magic button and I have no issue throwing the right leg down to fire it up, but than again most of these e-button guys on here are older than me..:smirk: so they need it.

:noidea:

I have the fan and plug a tender in damn near all the time.

I have had too many friends kick start trail side that "start the bike often". Starting often will not give you a full charge.

Once you experience the trail side kick start after the bike gets hot, you too will believe in using a tender. :smirk:

The stator doesn't have enough ummpphh to charge the battery, use a battery tender. Stock battery lasts about 2 years.

I'll let you be the ginny pig...if the battery makes a difference in starting the bike and the weight is noticeable...I'll be next in line at the shop!

You really think you are going to notice 4 lbs? Come on now sunny boy, Take a dump before you ride and that will be money well spent! :thumb:

M33,
Kick and electric start is not for grandpas, even if I will be one in 9 weeks +/-. They are for non-MX bikes... :moon:

The weight isn't the reason I'm buying it. It's the all the advantages besides the weight that the battery offers.

Well I thought I had a battery tender in my garage. I wanted to plug in my battery but I can't find one. I'm looking around at a good battery tender/charge seems to cost around 50-60. Some of the good ones are 100-150. For that price, I'll can buy the new battery that doesn't require any chargers. Are all battery tenders/chargers the same? Or should I be aware of some that I shouldn't get. My 2 stroke never used a battery, so I'm not used to this. :noidea: