Any thoughts about the BMW 450 X

Dual tanks...:shocked: both under the tank in line with the seat or ???

Looking at the photo Ossi posted, I am thinking of the Husky / BMW model, not the X.
Yes dual tanks, the main tank under the seat, a smaller tank (looks like a radiator overflow tank) housing the pump underneath.

_3MC4769.jpg

I believe it's the gray colored box behind the head in this photo, if I am understanding correctly what I have read about the bike.

Crappy 45 marchozzi :doh:, nothing eats seals better.
Interesting have not heard that. Have you owned anything with them? My Gas Gas has them, happy so far. They seem better than my YZ was for medium speed trail trash (braking bumps,holes, rocks etc). I read that Gas Gas 45's and Husky 45's are different though. :prof:

never really paid any attention to that bike befor but it looks nice and would like to learn more about them. like that video too going to look some more up .:thumb:

Personally im stoked about BMW coming in with some fresh ideas and lots of money. haha I aslo love the idea of the Husky/Beamer team up. Maybe we can get some offroad competition for the KTM's. I bleed orange but more new ideas coming in means cooler stuff on everybodys bike because everyone will want to compete. Just look at EFI or Aluminum frames.:ride:

Crappy 45 marchozzi :doh:, nothing eats seals better.

True! Mine are leaking!

Actually one of my 45mm zokes are starting to seep slowly and have ordered new seals. I am going to use new fork oil too. You would think they should last more that 2000 miles, right? :lol:

1.4 gallon tank ?

that seems pretty small especially for someone doing an enduro race.

So its a little cheaper then the KTM EXE champ editions... can you guys tell me any pro's and con's to getting this over the KTM besides price ?

I am really thinking about getting this or that KTM...

So its a little cheaper then the KTM EXE champ editions... can you guys tell me any pro's and con's to getting this over the KTM besides price ?

I can tell you this thread started out about the BMW 450, which last I checked will not be produced in 2011.

Then it morphed into posts regarding the 2011 TE449, which has not been officially announced yet, let alone evaluated by anyone that has spent $ buying their own yet. Some of the pros & cons, based on speculation and pictures, are on the internet.

Interesting have not heard that. Have you owned anything with them? My Gas Gas has them, happy so far. They seem better than my YZ was for medium speed trail trash (braking bumps,holes, rocks etc). I read that Gas Gas 45's and Husky 45's are different though. :prof:

True! Mine are leaking!

Actually one of my 45mm zokes are starting to seep slowly and have ordered new seals. I am going to use new fork oil too. You would think they should last more that 2000 miles, right? :lol:

1.4 gallon tank ?

that seems pretty small especially for someone doing an enduro race.

I have missed many of rides with BFB due to his forks once again leaking more then a women
screaming " I am OTR " Yeah they leak, the husky went to a 48 KYB, the reason to buy this bike
can be a warranty. I was told I could purchase a 7 year unlimited warranty for 1000 bucks and the
3 year 36 K was standard.

I was told I could purchase a 7 year unlimited warranty for 1000 bucks and the
3 year 36 K was standard.

A 7 year warranty would be great, except it's a catch 22. As you stated, any modifications would void the warranty, and I am assuming the bikes are corked up tight, especially here in Cali. The standard uncorking - a la Husky mods voids the warranty. So you get to ride a leaned out, anemic dirt bike. About as fun as a warm glass of milk.

A 7 year warranty would be great, except it's a catch 22. As you stated, any modifications would void the warranty, and I am assuming the bikes are corked up tight, especially here in Cali. The standard uncorking - a la Husky mods voids the warranty. So you get to ride a leaned out, anemic dirt bike. About as fun as a warm glass of milk.

Yep, a warm glass of milk with leaking fork seals.

When I inquired about a Husky a year or 2 year ago I asked about the "little box" sticking out the left side...he told me that was the "smog" device. He followed by telling me it is removable HOWEVER...only after purchase and that "I'd" have to wheel the bike over to the shop side due to being against company policy (warranty voided I can assume).

When I inquired about a Husky a year or 2 year ago I asked about the "little box" sticking out the left side...he told me that was the "smog" device. He followed by telling me it is removable HOWEVER...only after purchase and that "I'd" have to wheel the bike over to the shop side due to being against company policy (warranty voided I can assume).
Sounds about par for the course.
Also, the computer running the FI and smog equipment will register an error code if any mods are made to the FI or smog equipment. So modding the bike back to stock for any warranty work won't do any good. As soon as the mechanic hooks the bike up to the shop computer, he will know the bike was uncorked, therefore voiding the warranty. Damn bikes these days are smarter than I am.......

I work with high technology stuff all the time; it's sophisticated but really dumb.

How do you get around this brian?

Sounds like another product line to add to your GPS/ Enduro Computer.
You really could be the Woz of the dirt bike world.