250 Another YZ 250 in the Stable

View attachment 25097 View attachment 25098 View attachment 25099 View attachment 25100 View attachment 25101
Bike back together, pipe and skid armor installed, hour meter for now forward (probably only +35-40), Cycra pro-bends, to many hours spent. Still have a couple thing to do, fire it up, tarp it, wait for Jim. :)

You do get a whole lot done. There has to be some reward for a guy like you................. (You probably just have everyone bring you more of the same.)

:thumb:image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Head bearings cleaned and repacked. I don't know why Cycra has to be so close to dumbo. I prefer the low profile, but I'll be damned if I am going to pay the extra 18 bucks for them. Well, I did a couple times but now I have the pattern and just shave down the dumbo look. Hope you like that, because as you can see in the photo, I saved you some dumbos also. :smirk:

You are going to love a rechargeable side faced grinder.

Steering head bearings don't take much of what I consider normal stress (rotation), but their job involves staying in place under sharp loads. So we end up with bearings that are way over engineered. Those are happy with a thousand pounds of weight on them and spinning along at a couple of thousand rpms if need be. You see the ones like those which were not really packed, but "smeared" sitting beside the road frequently though.

Last edited:
The bearings where not in the greatest (new) shape but cleaned up nice. The photos are of the disassemble. I don't understand why the PO smeared grease (blue stuff) up and down on the shaft, it does nothing. the bearings had a good amount of grease on them but it was dirty/gritty. Buffed the races with steel wool, and repacked with wheel bearing grease for boat trailers. I prefer the water proof type for that application, (peace of mind).

OK, bikes complete mechanical at 100% with the exception of mounting the cut down hand guards, and changing out the Acerbis tank. We can do the tank when you get here to be familure with the process, or just shoot me an email and I'll change it out now so the bike is 100% when you get here.
I'll put the handguards on when I get home tonight since I have your answer of the cut downs via email. shoot another photo of miss sexy, and post it up.

Talk soon...

Shields installed.
image.jpg
Package deal, bike, new 120 link RK chain, air filter, large tank. On loan, (2 5gl cans, rear wheel, flag, ramp, and stand). Used items installed, one good clean air filter, one clean lubed chain.
image.jpg

Ready to roll, mail sent, time approaching.

Dude!!! That's like 3k worth of shit and that bike looks sweet!

Out of all the YZ's I have bought, worked on, kept, and/or sold, this one is by far the cleanest.
Purchased off original owner, stored for the past 7 years, only ridden once a year in OW with his parents. Plastics are not in "perfect new" condition but no cracks or stress fractures, decals not to shabby. Radiators no bends hardly any bent fins, just amazing.
I definitely put in a bunch of hours to insure it is right.
Pulled motor, soaked and cleaned carb, put in all new seals, top/bottom end inspection, top end gasket kit, 3 case gaskets (clutch cover, outer case, flywheel), fresh oil, radiator fluid, cleaned and greased front to rear, etc. etc. etc. I love working on bikes but the wife is giving me looks now.
On another note: :thumb:
Got my new crank for the other one I am working on today but spent so much time on my sons "new to him" 02 YZ 426 on Sunday, I didn't even want to look at a bike today. Not to mention the epic fail ride Saturday. :banghead:So I figured the little bits left on the 04 for my client would be all I do today on a bike, have a beer (25 ounce) and call it a day. :cheers: besides, the wife yah know... :smirk:
Tomorrow I work on a 00 CR125 for my oldest sons girl friend. They are going to OW over the Prez. weekend and the bike needs some love, so of course he comes to pops. Me> :kissass: < my son when he wants something. :busted::lol::lol:

Out of all the YZ's I have bought, worked on, kept, and/or sold, this one is by far the cleanest.
Purchased off original owner, stored for the past 7 years, only ridden once a year in OW with his parents. Plastics are not in "perfect new" condition but no cracks or stress fractures, decals not to shabby. Radiators no bends hardly any bent fins, just amazing.
I definitely put in a bunch of hours to insure it is right.
Pulled motor, soaked and cleaned carb, put in all new seals, top/bottom end inspection, top end gasket kit, 3 case gaskets (clutch cover, outer case, flywheel), fresh oil, radiator fluid, cleaned and greased front to rear, etc. etc. etc. I love working on bikes but the wife is giving me looks now.
On another note: :thumb:
Got my new crank for the other one I am working on today but spent so much time on my sons "new to him" 02 YZ 426 on Sunday, I didn't even want to look at a bike today. Not to mention the epic fail ride Saturday. :banghead:So I figured the little bits left on the 04 for my client would be all I do today on a bike, have a beer (25 ounce) and call it a day. :cheers: besides, the wife yah know... :smirk:
Tomorrow I work on a 00 CR125 for my oldest sons girl friend. They are going to OW over the Prez. weekend and the bike needs some love, so of course he comes to pops. Me> :kissass: < my son when he wants something. :busted::lol::lol:

This is gonna be interesting. I have a 2000 CR125...I don't like it very much :lol: