250 Another YZ 250 in the Stable

:banana:So, as some of you know, we have a forum member coming from across the pond for a visit, plans are March. I opted to rent him or find him a bike. He opted to own and store. Every time a good/average one would come up on CL it was gone or crap. Found this one and jumped, was like the 6th guy in 40 minutes. But, I was the first guy with cash at the door. :banana:
Original owner, original etc. etc. etc. Even if our pond jumper backs out, this bike is a keeper, or resale at zero loss. Ok, I'll let him chime in.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
What is it that makes a YZ so damn Sexy?:drool:

OK, spare parts if you plan on out of a van living for ten days or two weeks:

1-2 each? Front 21"/rear 19" tubes (how many is up to you).
I would get the IRC heavy duty tubes. 80/100X21 and 110/90X19
2-3 Air filters oiled and ready to install, gives you a 3-4 total. I use twin air and UNI cleaner/oil kit when out and about.
1-2 Spark Plugs extra (I run the iridium but they are 9.99 each over 4.99 for regular)
1-2 Bottles of Honda HP Trans oil, Trans takes 750 ml per change
4-6 Bottles of Yamalube 2-R 32oz (premix two stroke oil)
2 drain plug seals OEM
1 Bottle coolant (engine ice)
1 10 scoop paddle tire 19". 10 scoops is better than less and I have no idea on type/make, I don't do the dunes...
You will need to look into a flag mount and flag for the dunes. I might have a flag from my ATV days. I will look.
If you would like to buy my rear extra rim off me no problem or just use it is fine.
Might need extra chain 114-116 links for the paddle tire to clear properly. (just a thought)
Brake and Clutch lever. Don't know how he did it but even with bark busters my son broke one. (just a thought)
2 5 gallon gas cans and measuring cup 20 oz min for 32:1 premixing 4 oz per gallon.

Tools:
L=large, M=medium, S=small
When you get here I'll steer you to inexpensive that are good enough. Check Harbor Freight online...
1 Box of latex gloves (L/M/S)?
Tire irons
Hand or plug in pump
Metric wrench set
Metric Socket set and a few extensions
Metric Allen wrenches
5 in 1 screw driver (or a set)
JB weld (5 minute epoxy)
little sand paper/emery cloth
Zip ties (L/M/S)

Bike Armor:
Things to consider...
Radiator braces (works connection)
Skid Plate (Ricochet, Flat land)
Pipe Guard (moose)

:banana:So, as some of you know, we have a forum member coming from across the pond for a visit, plans are March. I opted to rent him or find him a bike. He opted to own and store. Every time a good/average one would come up on CL it was gone or crap. Found this one and jumped, was like the 6th guy in 40 minutes. But, I was the first guy with cash at the door. :banana:
Original owner, original etc. etc. etc. Even if our pond jumper backs out, this bike is a keeper, or resale at zero loss. Ok, I'll let him chime in.

View attachment 24763 View attachment 24764 View attachment 24765

If he backs out, I am first in line to purchase it from you :prof:

Damn, I just thunk that one up.
John has junglemotors, I could have AZadventures, easy to have one choice of 2T and one choice of 4T to minimize the amount of extra/spare items needed to get the bikes up and running in case of trail fail. Got me thinking now...

Retirement PLAN

Excellent. That one already has the clamps that will take the new dual chamber forks if I recall. Honestly, the 48's in single chamber were good enoughyou might never feel the need. The only drawback for calif over your 02 is the green sticker crap, but you know about that and dealing with it better than I do.

Good find!

View attachment 24763 View attachment 24764 View attachment 24765

Daddy, can I get mineninbyeow and black? Please? Or better yet make mine yellow and blue so we know that it's just better!
Lol

Nice find:thumb:

What a cool bike ,they make nice trail bikes.lots of bottom end,you can retard timing and add a flywheel weight,big rear sprocket, to make it a single track whore.

yep, and the best part is that there are inexepensive ways to turn it into a rig with a friendlier trail and open country trans as Palmer did on his other rig.

I put this together a few weeks ago gary, let me know what you think, pretty much the same as your list, will add the other bits that you said......
USA Essential List

Tools:

Socket Set (small/heavy duty plus chain nut)

Big Adjustable

Spanner Set (heavy duty)

Plier Set

Mini Mallet

Cleaning Brush

Spoke Wrench

Tyre Levers (heavy duty)

Mini Foot Pump

Mini tyre pressure gauge

Cable Luber

Screwdriver set

Allen Key set

Stanley Knife

Items:

Airbox Cover

Air Filter Skins

Not Toil Air Filter Cleaning Kit

Rope

Cable ties

Bike Shampoo

Elastic Bands (heavy duty)

Hand Guards

Moose?

First Aid Kit

Water Backpack (with storage)

Tubes

Clutch/Brake Levers

Clutch Perch

Fuel Container/Bladder (big) + Big premix jug 20L?

MX Stand

Paddle Tyre with Rim/Disc/Sprocket

Chain Cleaner+Lube

GT85/WD40 (small x2)

Gearbox Oil X3

2 Stroke Measuring Jug

Latex Gloves

2 Stroke Oil

Fresh Coolant

Pot of Grease

Spare Chain + Links

i read online that the 8 scoop rear tyre is best for 250 2 stroke but i'm sure someone on here can advise me on that?

8 or 10 scoop?