Injured Another surgery in the books :(

I do recall hearing something about some surgery at the T Day event. You are young and doing all the right stuff you will be good as new. :devil: I am not young and I did not always do the right stuff and I am still good as new. :lol: Just don't make me do anything to hurt myself. :prof:

I do recall hearing something about some surgery at the T Day event. You are young and doing all the right stuff you will be good as new. :devil: I am not young and I did not always do the right stuff and I am still good as new. :lol: Just don't make me do anything to hurt myself. :prof:

Wanna go for a short trail ride :devil:

James

Staff member
Thanks for all the well wishes. :thumb:

6 - 10 weeks in a Sling :shocked:
He said he won't really know until the first post op visit, so that's mostly speculation.
Doing the dangle rotation already to keep it loose?
Yup. :thumb:
yeah, 20% success rate for full recovery on a torn labrum....
You sure have been spewing that 20% crap around, what's your source? Or did you just pull it out of your :moon:?

What I've been told is 80-90%.
My sources just informed me James that this is not the same shoulder you had worked on. What gives and how did you hurt it?:thinking:
Correct this is the right side, clavicle was on the left.

I first injured it 2+ years ago and it got somewhat better, however after awhile it started getting worse and affecting my sleep. It got really bad this fall, which is when I finally decided to get it fixed.

Thanks for all the well wishes. :thumb:

You sure have been spewing that 20% crap around, what's your source? Or did you just pull it out of your :moon:?

What I've been told is 80-90%.

Maybe it was just how his was torn? he tore it in 3 places at once :noidea: thats what the doc said, on the 1/5

James

Staff member
Finally had a (coherent :smirk:) talk with the doctor, depending on therapy 3-4 more weeks in the sling and ~10 weeks (~12 weeks post op) until I'm for the most part good to go. :ride:

Also got my op report, plus he explained everything he found/fixed.
  1. Right shoulder arthroscopic superior labral repair
  2. Debridement of undersurface tear of rotator cuff
  3. Right Shoulder arthroscopic subacromial bursectomy.

Here are a couple images.

Shoulder-Arthroscopy_1.jpg

Shoulder-Arthroscopy_2.jpg

All the best for a speedy recovery James, it's a bugger! The older you get the more things tend to break, so you younger guy's try to keep them injuries to a minimum.

Both my knees are pretty shot from racing, along with L3,L4,L5, of the lumber spine. but that was not from racing, that was from some idiot driving on the wrong side of the road hitting me head on "I was riding a KTM exe" at the time. Three years in rehab, so I feel for you guy's when your going through healing, operations etc.