250 Another "SICK KX250" build!

Well, we are back from Baja!!

The bike had a transmission issue on day 1 (the bolt on the shifting barrel came loose). Got that fixed, then the kickstarter was messing up on day 2 (still not 100% sure what is up with that).

After that, my 15 year old son and two other guys ran the next three days and 850 miles with no issues, winning the "2-stroke only class!!"

Lastly, at the finish line in Cabo, the bike died....the dreaded bog and die when the spark plug fouls.....I took the old one out and it was so nasty. They ran the entire Baja on the same Iridium plug!! lol

Pics soon.

Rob

I was surprised that any organization had a race they didn't "time out" after a certain point. I have a friend who has timed out every year he has gone in a stock chassis vw. seems how all those end up.

I was surprised that any organization had a race they didn't "time out" after a certain point. I have a friend who has timed out every year he has gone in a stock chassis vw. seems how all those end up.

NORRA is a 5 day ralley race. There are "Special Stages" which are the race stages....and "Transit Stages" which are not timed on the highway. If you "time out" of a special stage, you are assessed penalty time.

SCORE has cut off times (since its a non-stop race), so once you are done, you are done.

Hi guys looking for a 6 speed train for the kx250 94.. all I need to no is will the 6speed trans off a kdx250 fit inside the kx tranny ?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

They are the same ant they bore and head are different ?

I don't know. I did my part by telling you how to check it. It's up to you to do the leg work and in the process you receive the reward of knowledge. :thumb:

:jacked: yes waz they are the same now go to eBay and buy one right now. It will work. I gaurnettee it.
Sincerely,
a guy on the Internet.

..anyway thanks for bringing it back so i could read it. sick build indeed but missing the finished pics!

Last edited:
:jacked: yes waz they are the same now go to eBay and buy one right now. It will work. I gaurnettee it.
Sincerely,
a guy on the Internet.

..anyway thanks for bringing it back so i could read it. sick build indeed but missing the finished pics!
Yeah cause the kdx is a 6 speed an kx is 5 and the same tranny so you would think you could put the 6 speed gears in the kx engine. That would be pretty sweet ?