Am I crazy?

James

Staff member
What about that feeling you get when you almost or should of crashed but didnt. Those almost moments are prety frequent and often come with some verbal muttering to myself or laughter in my helmet. Often if someone is behind me I will shake my head too. As if saying "did you see that?" "geezus!"
I'd say that those are more of a rush, because for a split second you swear that you're going to eat it, but end up saving it (just in time for the next lap :P).

This is more like it for me. I do not go down very often and if I happen to like recently it is not too bad. The last one was on the hard pack dirt road with the layer of sand, like ice. Just a bruised ass cheek and some rash on the hand guard and I was not happy about it nor did I get a rush from it. :foul: But those times when you should have gone down hard and somehow pulled off the rescue are the funny ones when you can stop and think about how close you were to eating crap. :thumb:

What about that feeling you get when you almost or should of crashed but didnt. Those almost moments are prety frequent and often come with some verbal muttering to myself or laughter in my helmet. Often if someone is behind me I will shake my head too. As if saying "did you see that?" "geezus!"

im usually yell out a whoooohoooo when i have those save moments. I also shake my head as well. More of a :naughty: i cant believe i made that mistake shake tho.

I'd say that those are more of a rush, because for a split second you swear that you're going to eat it, but end up saving it (just in time for the next lap :P).
for me the 2 are no different. its just that when you do crash you get instant pain most of the time and especially with dirtbikes. For me its the same rush if i crash and dont get hurt. Am i happy i crashed ... hell no i am dissapointed in myself but those 2 rushes are the same for me

:thumb: That makes sense.
But for me, I kind of like the times where you actually do get hurt. Not anything bad, but a broken bone, concussion, etc. It aint nearly as fun as not crashing, but I do get excited about that. I'm going to have to go with it's the fear rush!

Yep, that's nuts! JUST a broken bone or concussion, huh? Yes, that's certifiably bat-shit crazy in my book! :shocked:

I get off on staying on two wheels and thrilling to the ride...riding to the edge of my abilities WITHOUT crashing! :thumb:

P.S., Say, can you wear a camera and post some pics of you "enjoying" yourself at your most exciting best? :smirk:

Yep, that's nuts! JUST a broken bone or concussion, huh? Yes, that's certifiably bat-shit crazy in my book! :shocked:

I get off on staying on two wheels and thrilling to the ride...riding to the edge of my abilities WITHOUT crashing! :thumb:

:lol: Hell, I'd rather be on 2-wheels too. But crashing aint that bad to me. Sometimes when I clip on the helmet camera, I say to myself, this lap I better do really good or get a good crash. They both are sweet on camera! :devil:

P.S., Say, can you wear a camera and post some pics of you "enjoying" yourself at your most exciting best? :smirk:

I'm not exactly jumping in joy or anything! And I shoulda got my last one on the helmet camera, but I knocked the camera pretty good and it deleted about a minute before the crash and couldn't recover it. :foul:

Anyways, this thread reminded me of this song. :thumb:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAcstCYcZzQ

:lol: Hell, I'd rather be on 2-wheels too. But crashing aint that bad to me. Sometimes when I clip on the helmet camera, I say to myself, this lap I better do really good or get a good crash. They both are sweet on camera! :devil:

I'm not exactly jumping in joy or anything! And I shoulda got my last one on the helmet camera, but I knocked the camera pretty good and it deleted about a minute before the crash and couldn't recover it. :foul:

Anyways, this thread reminded me of this song. :thumb:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAcstCYcZzQ

get yourself 40 miles from your truck and you know it will make a bad day for everyone if you hurt yourself

Getting hurt is not a badge of courage! Crashing means you have exceeded your personal limit of skills at that point in time!

Failing is not good!

Pain hurts.

Don't confuse the thrill of riding with the anticipated pain of crashing if you don't do it right!

That is goofey as hell! I can't understand it! It's like peeps that like the pain when they get a tattoo and scar their bodies willingly!