Alarm set for "Dawn Patrol"

Good way to beat the heat and still ride. :thumb: I always try to find a creek on along the route to cool off and clean the dust off, not always possible but makes it much more enjoyable.

I thought about this thread as I made the drive today from the Bay Area to Escondido. 2:30 pm as I was heading up and over the hill to get to 5 it read 106 :puke: didn't drop below 100 much at all till I neared Santa Clarita I think around 7:30 pm.

partly grew up in escondido... what were ya doing there ?

THE END...

IMG_1645.jpg
Nice pic Sun and good ride report. I am down for some Dawn Patrol in the Dez when we all camp together. I could do a dawn patrol to Gorman sometime, if I can sneak in and out with the Red Sticker :devil: Being home by noon would work for me so I can still get stuff done around the house..

I have to say when I camped with timoys I was jealous when I heard their bikes fired up for some dawn patrol. Had I known they were sneaking off I would been right there with them! It was a large group we were camped with, I understand their sneakness but next time I will be just as sneaky :devil:and follow them!

With the sensitive area we explored that day, I didn't say anything the night before, but I had a fire going, drinking coffee, at 5:00 AM that morning. I figured any one that was up that morning, would get an invite. That was my last day of riding, and it doesn't look like I'll be back on a bike anytime soon either:cry: I'm glad it was a great one, with our ride later that day, and the outlaw ride of the AM, I do look foward to getting back out there.:thumb:

With the sensitive area we explored that day, I didn't say anything the night before, but I had a fire going, drinking coffee, at 5:00 AM that morning. I figured any one that was up that morning, would get an invite. That was my last day of riding, and it doesn't look like I'll be back on a bike anytime soon either:cry: I'm glad it was a great one, with our ride later that day, and the outlaw ride of the AM, I do look foward to getting back out there.:thumb:

Had I known that was the plan I wouldnt have had one more drink the night before. Im usually the first one up around camp. The following morning I rode off by myself to the lake bed. Not exactly dawn but I left everyone back at camp sleeping. Love that time of day on the bike:thumb:

Was that your trip to Means?

Yes TimRez, I hear ya on the group thing getting it together. It is always like that on large group camping/outings. OK, 9am sharp were hitting the trail! YEAH RIGHT! More like 11 if your lucky! Perfect riding is weekday 2-4 people all close to same skill levels and spread out. Other fun and pleasures come with group situations, not usually the riding. I dont go on those trips with expectations but almost always have good time regardless. I dont know where Norco is but maybe you Cleonard, Weathergeek and I should do the LPNF some early morning weekday. Anyone else here welcomed too:thumb: James can ride bitch on the back of Cleonard's bike:lol: I may do weekend in the forest if someone else rides shot gun.

Thanks for the invite Sun...FYI, Norco (Gods Country...:smirk: Norco=North Corona) borders Western Riverside/Corona...LPNF might be a bit of a drive however my main problem is all my gear is at my place at the REZ in JV...as for weekday rides, I am hoping to be gainfully employed in the real near future and that wouldn't be an option. :foul:

Great RR though despite the few pics which were great too...:thumb: :ride:

partly grew up in escondido... what were ya doing there ?

GF lives in Escondido. I'm looking for a job :cry:. However one place in Escondido said they would make an offer..still waiting. However I am interviewing with another place in Vista. Have multiple things in the fire, so I will hopefully be working soon.

GF lives in Escondido. I'm looking for a job :cry:. However one place in Escondido said they would make an offer..still waiting. However I am interviewing with another place in Vista. Have multiple things in the fire, so I will hopefully be working soon.

best of luck with finding work. Escondido and Vista both have fairly cheap living, For San Diego area that is.

Haa, AgentSmith's wife? I have a NAME...lol

So yeah, I love Dawn Patrol and yesterday was so much fun. THANK YOU Pat's wife. :P (you know I'm just teasing)

p.s.
I LOVE MY BIKE!!!!!!!!!!

great pix Sun! see that's why I like camping out with a group of people--that way I can find someone to tag long with so I can get all the riding I want instead of waiting for a certain person to git going :D Dawn ride, morning ride, nooner:devil:, afternooner, after dinner, after dark(so fun!)

I do the same and then hit trails under the canopy of the Mendocino Forest.
Sweet mid week and we never see another person.