Air Filter- 2003 Honda XR100r

First pic is existing filter. Yeah...it went into pieces when I pulled it off. The metal insert was clean. Here's the new one. I ended up getting no - toil only because we are riding tomorrow and cycle gear didn't have any other brand. I will use this one for now until I can purchase something else.

Attachments

• 2016-01-09_10-02-13.jpg
    2016-01-09_10-02-13.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2016-01-09_10-02-33.jpg
    2016-01-09_10-02-33.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
First pic is existing filter. Yeah...it went into pieces when I pulled it off. The metal insert was clean. Here's the new one. I ended up getting no - toil only because we are riding tomorrow and cycle gear didn't have any other brand. I will use this one for now until I can purchase something else.

The no toil will work fine for your xr100. Honda did a good job of keeping the filter protected and for that reason just about anything will work on a low volume demand engine like that one. Since more people do more damage by cleaning their filters, the "throwaways" are really a good idea, better than most people realize. So far I didnt see a method suggested here that would work better than at least two of the brands of the disposables that I tried.

Everyone has a ritual to clean and install, and ohhhhhhhhhhh so few ever test to see if it works. (I went overboard on that and it only serves to depress me.)