Aftermarket Radiators

**update on GPI racing radiators**

got my new rads today and the fit was awful... absolutely nothing lined up. had to use a round file to extend the mounting holes as they were pushed back too far and would not fit in my frame. had to file about a 1/2 inch off and move my exhaust pipe down (wouldn't fit between chamber pipe and near backbone of frame) not to mention my radiator plastic fins will not line up with radiators holes. I believe the fit was so off.... that being said with all the mods I had to do they look great now and are holding coolant, thank god. I don't know how im going to protect them now though, rad protectors are nearing $100, more than the rads themselves. Any ideas for me guys? Maybe I could fab some mesh screening or something? I keep ya guys updated on there performance.
So other than that, your saying their just fine.......
Sounds like a pain, sorry man!
I like devol for protection!

**update on GPI racing radiators**

got my new rads today and the fit was awful... absolutely nothing lined up. had to use a round file to extend the mounting holes as they were pushed back too far and would not fit in my frame. had to file about a 1/2 inch off and move my exhaust pipe down (wouldn't fit between chamber pipe and near backbone of frame) not to mention my radiator plastic fins will not line up with radiators holes. I believe the fit was so off.... that being said with all the mods I had to do they look great now and are holding coolant, thank god. I don't know how im going to protect them now though, rad protectors are nearing $100, more than the rads themselves. Any ideas for me guys? Maybe I could fab some mesh screening or something? I keep ya guys updated on there performance.
a great example of you get what you pay for.

When it comes radiator time for me, I either have mylers fix them and reinforce them, or I find a bike being parted out, I bought a brand new right radiator for the CRF that was technically used, but had only been on the bike for 2-3 rides.