Aftermarket Radiators

Got them on your wr?
Yeah, had them on for a couple of years. Great fit and went on with the Mohard guards I already had. I will be purchasing them again for my KTM's when/if the time comes.

I bought the Bullet Proof Designs rad guards for my 300 XC-W but I can't get them to go on entirely as I have already bent the stockers on both sides:banghead: Can't get the outer mounting holes to line up. I'm going to run them without mounting that part and if they ever give way I will be buying the GPI's.

Yeah, had them on for a couple of years. Great fit and went on with the Mohard guards I already had. I will be purchasing them again for my KTM's when/if the time comes.

I bought the Bullet Proof Designs rad guards for my 300 XC-W but I can't get them to go on entirely as I have already bent the stockers on both sides:banghead: Can't get the outer mounting holes to line up. I'm going to run them without mounting that part and if they ever give way I will be buying the GPI's.

I know somebody who can make them fit......

image.jpg

I have a "funny" Yz 85 bigbore with one on it. Cools better than the stocker did for tight trails. One of the other two I had them on was a 144 kitted cr125. Worked very good and my nephew couldn't overheat it.

I used to work at a rad shop and once fabbed a brass/copper heater core for an 89kx250 radiator. I was so proud until I laid it over and squashed it! End of story. I never did get good w aluminum!

You should have gone with cast iron, it might weigh a ton but it's more durable......besides, when it gets hot you can make breakfast on it.

**update on GPI racing radiators**

got my new rads today and the fit was awful... absolutely nothing lined up. had to use a round file to extend the mounting holes as they were pushed back too far and would not fit in my frame. had to file about a 1/2 inch off and move my exhaust pipe down (wouldn't fit between chamber pipe and near backbone of frame) not to mention my radiator plastic fins will not line up with radiators holes. I believe the fit was so off.... that being said with all the mods I had to do they look great now and are holding coolant, thank god. I don't know how im going to protect them now though, rad protectors are nearing $100, more than the rads themselves. Any ideas for me guys? Maybe I could fab some mesh screening or something? I keep ya guys updated on there performance.