Advice needed pls!

The thing i recall from the switching on them now, and i guess i could go look at one my friend still has, is that there is a start position on the switch which keeps the engine from reving up or being rev'd up in that position, and will not allow the thing to start at all if the throttle is not in the off position.

This is correct and I have taken it apart and cleaned it all up and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in there! I can also hear the plug sparking while kicking it over in start position and nothing when in off position! Can anyone tell me the process for checking the timing?

The thing i recall from the switching on them now, and i guess i could go look at one my friend still has, is that there is a start position on the switch which keeps the engine from reving up or being rev'd up in that position, and will not allow the thing to start at all if the throttle is not in the off position.

this is going to come back to me in spurts, as i recall that switch changes the timing and there is a way of eliminating that function which would be handy for test purposes.

There is a plug behind the number plate that can be disconnected which will eliminate the start and run part but will still kill engine in off position!

this is going to come back to me in spurts, as i recall that switch changes the timing and there is a way of eliminating that function which would be handy for test purposes.

So after a little digging around I learned that the timing on these little bikes is not adjustable and is permenantly set! I really don't know what else to check! Would a faulty cdi cause this?

I'm thinking next step is to check the reeds and all the ecectrical connections! Really not much else to check! I have talked to 2 bike mechanics and they were scratching their heads also!

I didn't, I'm leaning away from the coil as the is a nice blue spark! I'm also thinking that it's not the stator cuz correct me if I'm wrong but the stator keeps the bike running so even if the stator is bad the bike should at least start no?

With everything that us working it has to be something simple. Did you come up wuth resistance specs for tge statir and coil?

Just out of curiosity have you tried a new plug? Sometimes the plug will out of the bike will spark blue but once under compression have no spark

So this morning I took the reeds out and cleaned them out! There was a bit of crap on them, I also took every electrical connection apart and cleaned them up! Put it all back together and was able to get it running fine once again! Yay! What a relief considering we have a race coming up soon! My thought is that it was the reeds that caused the problem! I can't confirm but I think they weren't closed all the way from dirt and causing plug to get over wetted!

Thx for all the tips and advice guys!!