A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO TIMOYZ!!!!!!!! :worthy:

Wow! Gone for a day, and my name goes up in lights.:blush: I'd like to pass all my praise straight to Dust Devil.:hail: That was a awesome tour, that I forever will be truely thankful.:cheers: I sure hope to be around for the next photofest. :thumb:
Don't hope, get your ass there.:prof:

6-8 feet with a 70-80 deg face.:prof:

:lol: :cry: :lol: Maybe if you went off the far left side! Alright Geek you have to try it this time. :foul:No pussing out.
Start down it about a foot right of where your right hand is in the pic and then curve left towards where the bottom of your feet are. That is the smoothest path and it's only about 50 degree angle there. You have gear and need to regain your pride.

Don't make me show up and go down that in my wheelchair.:moon:

You can do it. I'm rooting for you. Come on everyone, help Geek get some confidence to try this small obstacle.:thumb:

James

Staff member
You can do it. I'm rooting for you. Come on everyone, help Geek get some confidence to try this small obstacle.:thumb:
:lol: Isn't that what we're trying to do? :smirk:

In his defense though, I do remember seeing another picture & video somewhere that does it more justice. :shocked: :ride:

:lol: :cry: :lol: Maybe if you went off the far left side! Alright Geek you have to try it this time. :foul:No pussing out.
Start down it about a foot right of where your right hand is in the pic and then curve left towards where the bottom of your feet are. That is the smoothest path and it's only about 50 degree angle there. You have gear and need to regain your pride.

Don't make me show up and go down that in my wheelchair.:moon:

We will see how the spirit moves me when I get there this time. But I gotta disagree on the 50 degree slope. Also, the pic doesn't show the wall of the wash on the right side that forces an immediate left turn at the bottom that actually concerns me more than the drop. But I am a puss. Thanks for the encouragement too.:thumb:

Hey Rock, don't you have the video of somebody going up it when you did the ride with Dust Devil?

Here is a pic of Zman13 going up it. I'm still looking for the video.
dec09088.jpg

Here is a pic of Zman13 going up it. I'm still looking for the video.
dec09088.jpg

The only thing that really does this any justice at all is the video where you get a real "whole" idea about it. Rock -- your video was posted on TT right after turkey day last year. Check the old TT get together Tday thread or just after the last post on it. The pic above is right at the top and doesn't show what is down below where he is. As a matter of fact, Zman actually almost looped out at the top if memory serves me right.

I just found the thread that the video was in but Dust Devil now has a password protected photobucket account and I can't get the vid up to play. I'll have to call him and get the password or something. Great video.

We will see how the spirit moves me when I get there this time. But I gotta disagree on the 50 degree slope. Also, the pic doesn't show the wall of the wash on the right side that forces an immediate left turn at the bottom that actually concerns me more than the drop. But I am a puss. Thanks for the encouragement too.:thumb:

Hey Rock, don't you have the video of somebody going up it when you did the ride with Dust Devil?

And don't forget the large boulder at the bottom that also must be avoided. I think Dust_Devil gave the best advice to clear this section. He said " just think left and you'll go left". It really was that simple. The contour of the ground seemed to naturally take you the correct way. The only other piece of advice that I can offer is not to spend too much time looking at it. Just roll up to the edge, take a quick look at where you want to land, then let 'er rip. :ride:

I did not think anything of this part as the guy in front of me just rolled down it so I followed. Then after hearing the story about the WeatherGeek was when we decided to take film of going up it. We see stuff twice that or worse of most of our deep woods trails so I guess I just take it for granted.