RM250 98 rm 250 rebuild

can anybody find how to adjust to adjust the carb i have, to set the air fuel to factory, do i screw the screw it in till it stops, then turn it out 2.5 turns? or how does that does that work

can anybody find how to adjust to adjust the carb i have, to set the air fuel to factory, do i screw the screw it in till it stops, then turn it out 2.5 turns? or how does that does that work
its 1.5 turns out from seated, with the bog you are talking about (without a vid its hard to tell) it would seem to be the needle.

to adjust the needle all you need to do is take the cap off the top of your carb. It could be a screw off cap, take the cap off and pull the throttle cable and slide out of the carb. Once its out pull the slide return out out of the slide and remove the plastic collar that holds the throttle cable in the slide, then remove the throttle cable and spring. Then you will need a 6mm socket to remove the needle retention bolt. After thats out, take note of the clip position on the needle, drop the clip 1 position on the needle, reassemble, and see of that makes the bog go away or makes it worse. Also, your needle should be N1EI on the 3rd clip for stock.

Hope this helps somewhat :)

Make sure your air filter is clean. And your reeds are good. Before you start changing things... But with that big bore... You will need to rejet it for sure. Unless it's been rejetted.

With the bog it could be a number of things. First thing i would do Pull the carb down..Clean it really good.. (And note what jets are in it now) .... Check those reeds... And make sure the air filter is clean and oil'd

And also there is like a cord of some sort goin into the carb, is that for electric orsomething?
thats for the power jet, just unplug it. But, make sure you plug it back in when you put the carb back in. You can tell the jet size by inspecting the jets, usually the sizes are stamped int the brass

Ok I took the slide out n it looks BRAND new n the needle as well. Wat would b the stpmin fr a factory jet cause it might have it in it, but might not be adjusted right

FMF calls for

• Main Jet
  • 162-165
  • Pilot Jet
  • 42-45
  • Needle
  • STOCK
  • Needle Position
  • 3RD
  • Power Jet
  • N/A
  • Air Screw
  • Fuel Screw
  • N/A
    But all this is on a stock cylinder bore....

FMF calls for

• Main Jet
  • 162-165
  • Pilot Jet
  • 42-45
  • Needle
  • STOCK
  • Needle Position
  • 3RD
  • Power Jet
  • N/A
  • Air Screw
  • Fuel Screw
  • N/A
    But all this is on a stock cylinder bore....

so i should go with a 168 or 170 for the 3mm bore n leave the other jets alone?

ok so i should hold off on ordering the jets, and try n tune the carb with the jets thats on it, if it runs good should i keep it the way it is? what is a good plug to run n ill buy a few of them

You will most likely need different jets... I'd order a few of each ... Each way..... Pilot and main..

Use the BR8EG would be my suggestion.