RM250 98 rm 250 rebuild

Ok I had a major catastrophy, I droped the needle down to the 3 clip well it crunk pretty easily and started give in gas and it went wild and idled louder than any bike I heard ithe kill switch didn't work to cut I of n I pulled the plug off n it still kept reving really high plz help

Ok I had a major catastrophy, I droped the needle down to the 3 clip well it crunk pretty easily and started give in gas and it went wild and idled louder than any bike I heard ithe kill switch didn't work to cut I of n I pulled the plug off n it still kept reving really high plz help

I think I get the gist, and have no idea for the solution, but you should work on your "Engrish". It may help for better replies.

Sorry I'm on my cell phone n the keys are a little weird. But could this be a bad it ran good earlier n I think the cable hung up on the slide but I pulled the spark plug cap off but it still was running I gave it throttle and it eventually cut off

SRAD97750

Staff member
The uncontrollable idle and kill switch in-effectivity lead me to believe you caught the throttle cable on something, or you have a massive air leak. Looks like you sorted it?

can u put a reed in upside and cause a problem? it ran fine earlier then i dropped the needle to the 3rd notch, could the slide have stuck and cause the problem, the thing i dnt understand was i took the spark plug cap off n it was still revving real high

SRAD97750

Staff member
no, but you can put the throttle slide in backwards and it will cause your problems. Make sure the cutout is twords the filter.