2 Stroke 94rm80 bogs/stalls 4th 5th gear

Got my new basket today decided to put everything back together, everything is working peferectly normally when clutch cover is off, checked kick start functionally with clutch cover off and it's fine, soon as I install clutch cover the fucking thing is jamming up.

I think it's the gear for the power valve assembly jamming but it doesn't make any sense, it's in properly exactly how I've installed it every other time.

What the hell? Bought to break something been stuck on this for hours.

Seems I may have lost the kickstart spring, no spring in the kickstsrter and it locks up now everytime I tighten the clutch cover, missing spring on kicjstart shaft cause this?

I have taken the clutch cover off over 10 times before and reinstalled it and never had this issue before,

The only thing I can think at this point. The kickstart gear shaft has some play in it, it wobbles back and forth, I don't think it's supposed to do that , maybe once the clutch cover is back on the kickstart gear is getting jammed sideways, crooked I mean and jamming up the works.

I think at one point while I was wrestling with the damned primary gear I knocked the kickstart gear off, maybe the spring and whatnot fell off then, now without them the shaft doesn't have anything filling the gap allowing it to Jimmy back and forth.

What do yall think?

That website you linked I gotta register to read it?

Here's my power valve governor, and all pictures I'm finding online show it as on solid piece gear attached to the assembly, when took mine apart the gear was stuck in the clutch cover

Attachments

• IMG_20170114_144057.jpg
    IMG_20170114_144057.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nevermind all that bs I just said,

Put it together without putting bolts into cover and kickstart is springing back like normal. Soon as I tighten bolts its locks up though.

Gotta be the power valve governor, without it installed everything is good but I've checked checked and checked again and its installed correctly.

That site requires credit card to read it, I'm afraid as soon. As I sign up it'll be something different all together than the manual, like other scam sites, Bait you in with something you want, just a picture of it, soon as you sign up its something different.

Power valve governor from internet.
s-l225.jpg
My power valve governor
IMG_20170114_144057.jpg

Seems the thing is supposed to be one Solid piece with the gear attached to the assembly, mine was always apart from the assembly and just pressed up to it.

Attachments

• IMG_20170114_144057.jpg
    IMG_20170114_144057.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
Well that's definitely the problem, take out the gear for the power valve governor and everything is normal with cover tightened on.

Funny thing is its been like that since I got, just put it back together with the gear in the clutch cover and press it up against the assembly and it was never a problem before. .

Fuck I hate this bike

Hmm I don't know for sure but I don't think so, I put everything on a tarp that I kept right next to the bike the whole time, and put all bolts and small parts into a empty toolbox tray.

Like I said everything works fine as long as I don't put the power valve governor gear in place, witch apparently it is supposed to be attached to the power valve governor shaft on the assembly, but mine is separated and has always been held together by pinching it between its slot on the clutch cover and pressed against the rest of the power valve governor assembly. It used to work though setup like that.

I also tried removing the rest of the power valve governor assembly and only installed the gear foe it, and it jammed up, but doesn't jam up with the GEar out, who knows maybe if I put a washer in there to shim it it might line up properly but I doubt it at this point.

PS, anybody willing to trade a brand new hinson clutch basket for a parts engine and a manual?

Well I finally got it in and working, took some doing. Problem was the power valve governor gear wasn't lining up with the primary gear, had to stick the governor gear to the governor shaft with some gasket sealer, just to hold it in place long enough to put the cover on.

Also got the hinson basket installed.

Now if only I could get access to a electric impact wrench or get air compressor fixed I could replace the right side seal, left side seal replacement should help a lot though since the old one was half way out.

Thanks for all replies.

Well I ordered a manual, impact wrench and new power valve governor, but somehow the manual order got cancelled won't let me reordered.

Anyways I contacted Suzuki/hpnda dealership again to verify if the correct direction to turn the primary drive nut, he called me back a while later saying he called Suzuki directly and confirmed it was standard left to loosen, I'll probably take his word for it, but Kawasaki dealership guy actually said he had a manual on hand, looked it up and it said right to loosen.

Can somebeody somewhere confirm for sure, maybe post a snapshot of the manual page on this?

I took the gear off of my old clutch basket going to put a handle on it to make a gear holder, and when I get impact wrench, hoping that'll get it off. I already held a torch to the thing for a few minutes and red liquid spewed out, still wouldn't budge either left or right with hand rachet.

Won't do any damage if I try the wrong way the first go around with the impact wrench will it?

Thanks.

Well I ordered a manual, impact wrench and new power valve governor, but somehow the manual order got cancelled won't let me reordered.

Anyways I contacted Suzuki/hpnda dealership again to verify if the correct direction to turn the primary drive nut, he called me back a while later saying he called Suzuki directly and confirmed it was standard left to loosen, I'll probably take his word for it, but Kawasaki dealership guy actually said he had a manual on hand, looked it up and it said right to loosen.

Can somebeody somewhere confirm for sure, maybe post a snapshot of the manual page on this?

I took the gear off of my old clutch basket going to put a handle on it to make a gear holder, and when I get impact wrench, hoping that'll get it off. I already held a torch to the thing for a few minutes and red liquid spewed out, still wouldn't budge either left or right with hand rachet.

Won't do any damage if I try the wrong way the first go around with the impact wrench will it?

Thanks.

Pretty sure it's right hand thread, but let me ask a stupid question, is there any crank threads exposed on the outside if the flywheel nut? If so you should be able to see which way the threads go. If not just hit it with your impact a couple quick shots to the left, that should either zip the nut off or not hurt anything if you went tight on it.