Other 89 KDX200 First Time Fun

I went out for a nice 50 mile loop of some bitchen single track that I usually ride on my DRZ400S that weighs about 330lbs. with a full tank of gas. Well, my bike is in the shop getting some minor repairs so I have a buddy who let me ride his KDX200. What a freaking blast I had on that thing. They are pretty damn good woods weapons. Once you get used to the difference between that and the four stroke and learn where the power was in the rpm range, it was the shizz. I rode probably 10 miles an hour or more faster than I have ever hit those trails and it took such little effort it was unbelievable. I think I will be looking for a KDX200 or 220 as they are cheap and easy to find around here. What a cool bike. I don't even feel like I rode yesterday. When I do that same trip on my DRZ I am usually sore the next day. Oh, and the wheelies, :rocker: let me tell you about the wheelies. :thumb:

Just wanted to share the fun I had with a two stroke Kawasaki as opposed to my beast.:thumb:

Yeah, that would be awesome! 6 speed and it does well on the hwy. I rode a 5 miles stretch of slab to test it out. Kept up with a WR450 no problem.

One can NEVER have too many bikes. Glad you had fun and congrats on your future purchase:thumb:

Im not gonna lie....I was really looking forward to the catwalk video:(

I went out for a nice 50 mile loop of some bitchen single track that I usually ride on my DRZ400S that weighs about 330lbs. with a full tank of gas. Well, my bike is in the shop getting some minor repairs so I have a buddy who let me ride his KDX200. What a freaking blast I had on that thing. They are pretty damn good woods weapons. Once you get used to the difference between that and the four stroke and learn where the power was in the rpm range, it was the shizz. I rode probably 10 miles an hour or more faster than I have ever hit those trails and it took such little effort it was unbelievable. I think I will be looking for a KDX200 or 220 as they are cheap and easy to find around here. What a cool bike. I don't even feel like I rode yesterday. When I do that same trip on my DRZ I am usually sore the next day. Oh, and the wheelies, :rocker: let me tell you about the wheelies. :thumb:

Just wanted to share the fun I had with a two stroke Kawasaki as opposed to my beast.:thumb:

I have to warn you... if you get the 220, do a top end immediately, the 220 pistons were known to be weak and just... explode in the cylinder, the 200 is amazing though

SRAD97750

Staff member
Sounds like you had kick-ass time. Was the suspension set up for near your weight?
I have an 86 KDX200. One of the best bikes we have. SO light, very nimble, and the power comes on like a hammer. Reliability is superb!!! Pulled a few dead bikes out of the mountains with that thing.

03.jpg

19.jpg

-BIG DAN:thumb:

i used to have a 87 kdx200........... thing was dope........ i loved that bike... prolly the best bike i ever had... i beat that bike so hard... i never took care of it... never rebuilt it.. i put a couple clutch and throttle cables on it.. but thats about it...i premixed with 10w 40... 20w50... lol almost anything... it was mean... quick as hella too

YEAHH ROCK! GET THE BUG!

oh shizz this thread is old:lol: