2 Stroke 89 CR250R

Its a beautiful bike. But its a shame that at this point in time its only for show.:ride:
I agree it is a shame and thanks, I would obviously love to go out and wring her neck but I have several bigger fish to fry at the mo and could do without losing several hundred pounds value from used tires, rotors and rims and run the risk of wrecking her just for a half hour play knowing I have to sell her anyway!
So yes with a little sadness after so much work and effort I probably won't get to ride her off into the sunset but because I never rode her since I bought her i'm ok with that!
I have to think that no matter where she goes someone will love to own and ride or collect and just dust her.
And at the end of the day I won a rosette at my first attempt with my bike and that will be with me forever!
But and it is a BIG BUT I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY ASS BACK ON AN OLD BEAT UP RIDER CR OR YZ 250!!!!!!!

It is nice to do, but I agree on not riding it once you have restored it. From a time and money point of view to me, the only thing that will make what you did of fullest value is to keep it as is. Like you say, there are plenty of riders out there to be had. I hated those first USD's but I wish I had about a half dozen of those triple clamps that they came in !

It is nice to do, but I agree on not riding it once you have restored it. From a time and money point of view to me, the only thing that will make what you did of fullest value is to keep it as is. Like you say, there are plenty of riders out there to be had. I hated those first USD's but I wish I had about a half dozen of those triple clamps that they came in !
Yup the forks were a bit crap and the pale gold/ almost silver colour of the tubes:puke: so I changed them up a little bit with the much better colour of gold tubes from a nice set of 91 forks:thumb:
Although In a spirited ( later to prove a very costly and time consuming mistake )attempt to stay semi true to the 89 forks I kept all lowers and internals from the 89's but all did not match:thumbsdown: the 91 valved fork cap had the wrong size centre thread to marry the 89 internals so 89 messed up caps stayed, along with 89 spindle, hub and wheel.
U want a heads up if any 89 clamps come up?