2T or 4T?

Seriously, in Holloywood's case, he should go with a YZ125. :noidea: Typically I'm a die hard 4 stroke fan, but he's comming off an 85, so with the weight diffrences its gonna be a struggle. It was a tough start for me, I know, I'm just getting good on my bike. I'm thinking like a 2006 YZ125 or something Mike :noidea: Go with some new gear too, it's a confidence booster, I can tell he's a fast kid, mabey more so than me, I admit it, but not untill he gets over his fear of wrecking. New gear always helps, does he have a leatt?

Seriously, in Holloywood's case, he should go with a YZ125. :noidea: Typically I'm a die hard 4 stroke fan, but he's comming off an 85, so with the weight diffrences its gonna be a struggle. It was a tough start for me, I know, I'm just getting good on my bike. I'm thinking like a 2006 YZ125 or something Mike :noidea: Go with some new gear too, it's a confidence booster, I can tell he's a fast kid, mabey more so than me, I admit it, but not untill he gets over his fear of wrecking. New gear always helps, does he have a leatt?

I think it'd help if he went with a bike with 6 gears. all around better and he'd be used to it from the 85.

it depends because 2 strokes are usually lower cost in matinence and if ur somewat of a beginner like in c class than i advise the 125 because sence their isnt alot of power it makes you learn on how to corner faster and keep a good flow to keep up with those faster 250's. now if your fast or just want a put-around bike than get the four stroke. the four strokes are easier to ride because they have engine brake and also have more power but if you get a 125 and ride that a few seasons and get fast on that then switch to a four stroke and you will go very fast because you already have corner speed but it will help you go that much faster. the reason not to get a fpour stroke right away is because it will make u depend on engine brake and power where motocross is all about corner speed. GOOD LUCK:thumb:

Well I guess what are you use to? I have always rode a 4 stroke but find myself loving the two stroke. Now with that said I also listen to the dang bike and I'm not lazy. I like to shift so I found I like keeping that power band right there all the time. Now with my 4 stroke I can get lazy cause it has the torque when ever I ask for it. So far I have only got to play on a 100 2 stroke but I tell you what it really has me thinking about getting another bike. But I have found one think the 2 stroke sucks at in my opinion. Going up and down hills. Going up your constantly on the clutch working it as you work through stuff. Where the 4 stroke you can lug it and the power is there the second you want it. Then going down hill the 4 stroke is so nice to just let the compression do the work. The 2 strokers are all over the brakes. haha So I guess its 6 of one half dozen of the other. The 2 strokes are sweet to start compared to a 4 stroke. That is another plus. Heck my little girl can start the 100 without even really kicking it.
a 250 2 stroke isn't that easy to start lol but if u like 2 strokes u should buy one I love them