250 problems

Im still saying burnt or hanging valve but what do I know..... or gyroscopic planetary gear is out of balance.

Now if you'll excuse me, I will be at my desk cleaning all of my Honda tech certificates.
Well if it was a burnt valve wouldn't that cause power loss and it be hard to start? It cranks up easy and pulls hard.

Well if it was a burnt valve wouldn't that cause power loss and it be hard to start? It cranks up easy and pulls hard.

Not always. I've seen Perkins diesels drop valves in half a bank and that motor would still truck to the finish.
Go back to the beginning.
Clean the carb, set the floats check for air leaks.

Carb is clean that's for sure. Float looks good too? Not sure how I'd set it or if i can... also the boot that connects the carb to the engine is not perfectly tight on the carb. The clamp doesn't tighten very much for some reason so I can still move the carb around in the boot with it tightened all the way. Anyways I ordered a new oem clamp so I'll replace it. Could that be the problem? I sprayed carb cleaner all over it while running and didn't make a difference so I wouldn't think it has an air leak there?

Carb is clean that's for sure. Float looks good too? Not sure how I'd set it or if i can... also the boot that connects the carb to the engine is not perfectly tight on the carb. The clamp doesn't tighten very much for some reason so I can still move the carb around in the boot with it tightened all the way. Anyways I ordered a new oem clamp so I'll replace it. Could that be the problem? I sprayed carb cleaner all over it while running and didn't make a difference so I wouldn't think it has an air leak there?
yes :picard:

Dont use carb cleaner. Use pb blaster, wd40 or white lithium grease. Those have the best effects. Back in the early 90's the one Honda dealer I worked at the master tech had a great trick for finding even the smallest of air leaks in the big singles. He would mix about 10oz of dexron or type f tranny fluids to a gallon of gas. Drain the tank and put the gas in his truck and then add the fix mix(what he called it) to the motorcycle tank. Run it for about 20 mins and look for smoke rings, oozing and puffs of smoke from the valve cover, carb boots and head gasket. Worked every time.

Alright I got good news! I put a petcock from a raptor 660 (popular mod on these quads) and I fixed one of the problems. You know how it was popping when I let off the throttle? Not anymore! Also cranks up easier now that I have that new petcock. Still running hot and still idling high and hard to adjust idle but it has improved so that's good. Also I couldn't check for an exhaust leak cause once I sprayed the soapy water on it sizzled and evaporated? Lol. Anyways maybe when that clamp comes in it'll fix the other problems. Also when I first cranked it up it blew out a cloud of smoke? Why would it do that? It quickly went away. Hasn't ever smoked and still doesn't smoke at all except for that quick cloud of smoke when I first cranked it.