Amatuer 2013 Vegas To Reno Race Report

Yup Vegas to Reno was a blast!!! I rode for AS Racing on the #213 team and we wound up 2nd on the day.My team mates rode awesome and our chase and pit crews rocked it.Our AS Racing CRF250X ran amazing and can't thank the Team AS Racing and all the ASR crews enough they were awesome!!! Hey Brock first let me say I wish your hurt rider a full speedy recovery.. I was on the bike from the start to pit 2 and about 8-10 miles before pit 2 I stopped for a downed rider to provide protection then after a bit your #211 bike came up and stopped as we were doing a sort of tag team,I explained the situation to your rider and went on(props to your rider in sharing the responsibility helping the downed rider) I then went on in to pit 2 where I was in the lead both physically and on adjusted time and handed the bike to our next rider! I got back on the bike at pit 4 where both our teams came in together 1st and 2nd.I then rode to pit 6 again a few seconds ahead of bike #208 and our next rider hopped on the bike.Chase then brought me to pit 10 and I got on the bike and rode to pit 11 then my team mates took it to the fiinish.Up to pit 11 the #211 bike was never ahead of us.I'm not meaning any disrespect but this is the facts and its always a good idea to let the riders verify where there at.Hopefully we get to race against eachother again and you should come out to so. California and race a D-37 desert race and camp/pit with us I think you'd enjoy it...

Slick. You guys rode an amazing race and if you are the guy that got off at pit 11 let me just say. DAMN you are showing all us young guys how it is done. You did not leave very far in front of us out of 10 and our rider was sure he could catch you. He said after the race that he couldn't believe how hard he had to push to stay in your dust. Then he crashed, went over the bars and banged himself up a bit.

But let me explain my theory and why I wrote what I did in my write up.
Pit times to Pit two was, 211 @7:10, 208 @7:15 and 213 @7:10.
We came into pit two less than a minute behind you. and 5 minutes up on 208. Being that we started last in our class, not sure which bike 208 or 213 started first. We were ahead on corrected time. Albeit not by much. We are talking seconds. We passed 208 at pit one because we did not get fuel.

We were way behind all race until pit 11 your bike 213 I believe was still in the pit or it had just left when we came into gabbs. Our bike was hard to recognize because it was missing a number plate. I know we made up time between 11 and 12 but we were unable to catch you. We did catch the 213 bike before pit 13 for sure, because it rode past as we had the bike on the stand at pit 13 with a motor issue. I am not taking anything from either of your teams you guys rode awesome. But we have put all our times together and checked them with other teams we were supporting and it all checks out. We were 4 minutes behind 208 when the motor let go at pit 13.

I based my write up on the time splits between pits. I know it may seem petty but I don't want people thinking I am bashing their teams because I am not. I am basing what I wrote on the time splits and the time doesn't lie. I sure hope you guys show up to the Henderson 250 and all of next season it was a real treat to race against you guys.

Thanks for the compliment Brock, yeah that was me that rode from 10 to 11 the old guy haha...No worries on all the other stuff, all good and no offense taken!!! You guys did great considering the problems you had because as desert racing goes its never over until you pass the checkered flag....We wont be at the next race due to my home series schedule but best of luck to you and your Team!!!