South 2013 Thanksgiving DBA Trip Report

I wanted to share a few shots for some of our friends who do not get the chance to appreciate our vast desert playgrounds. Our camp is in the left hand center part of the screen. You can see how many others are off in the distance, all different groups of people enjoying this place. :thumb:View attachment 19039And this is just a small portion of what is out there. View attachment 19040View attachment 19041View attachment 19042View attachment 19043View attachment 19044And while we were out walking we had to pick up some of the flying litter that people like to launch at night. Timo rides out through the dez to find and retrieve this junk. View attachment 19045
Great pics Davey.:thumb:

Well I didn't take any pic's or vid's so I have no real RR to post. However, I did have a great time out there with all of you guys on Tuesday (I did a day trip only).

My RR is got there Tuesday morning with Ken (Turtleshifter) at about 8:30am hoping for a big ride. Everyone was still in pj's so Ken and I went on a short ride in the nearby hill's. Rode some great ridge line single track and went down on my new scooter for the first time. Now that those first scratches were out of the way, the next to come where no big deal :smirk: After our morning ride, Ken and I went on a long ride with Rack, CDA JR and Rack JR. Did some fun washes and tricky sections. This one rocky hill got the best of me and my bike. Coming off the 350 to the 500 made a bigger difference then I expected. The power delivery on the 350 made me feel like a pro as it was very predictable and didn't get you in trouble. When I tried grabbing some throttle on the 500 going up that hill, I learned my lesson. The bike flipped back like I wasn't even there :smirk: We later all rode into Randsburg and had lunch in town. By the time lunch was over, night fall was quickly approaching so we headed back to camp in a hurry.

On the way back to camp, sunlight was minimal as it was already behind the mountain to our backs and dust on the trail made myvision that much worse. There was a small elevation change from the left to the right part of the trail created by the recent rains out there. Next thing I know I feel my rear tire start sliding out so I try and correct it but before I could do anything, my left peg caught the ground since the left side had higher ground. And once that peg dug into the ground, the bike side planted digging the left side of the handlebars with it. I did my best to try ride it down so I didn't get bucked off that speed but it was unavoidable at the end. After getting the wind knocked out of me and tumbling into some bushes I was able to walk away. I bent my handlebar, broke my handguards and broke the visor on my helmet, but the worst part was I tore my new new orange jacket :smirk: After we got back to camp, I hung out with the guys for a little while as they got the campfire started and I went home that night. The next day, it felt like I was hit by a train. Everything hurt. I ended up with some road rash on my arms, some scraped up knees and an unusually large amount of bruising around my knees and thighs. :bonk:

Above all, it was a great trip and was good to see the guys again. I would of liked to stay longer but the crash put the bike out of commission but I def. plan to stay longer on the next big trip. :ride:

Here are some videos of the trip.
This one, 530 Jr. made it half way up before the sand ate his back tire, while Rack was watching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHtRilcgSCg
This one, 530 Jr. actually made it up, barely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxEZYDOUL3I
Here are just a couple more videos of the trip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD-gC8qAzsY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBl_5ccm2LI
All of these videos were done by 530 Jr.

530 jr did awesome out there in the sand hills!

Thought I would finally post up about my end of the trip. I was trying to get a participant list from somewhere about mid October. Rolls, and myself were a given, Butt Head was coming for a couple days, and bringing a friend that had a "race bike", but since my Daughter was no longer on a team that works out over the holiday, she was a maybe. It was the week before I heard that my Daughter was out, and after multiple questions back and forth through BH about his buddys bike, (brand of scoot, 2 or 4 smoke, CC's) I deduced that it was some sort of quad.:picard:

A few days later, the kid with the quad was out, and BH was bringing a friend that had never been on a real bike, so it was up to me to find something for him to ride, and wear. The only option was the 93ish YZ 80 that hadn't ran in a year, but since there was no time to go through it at home, it was thrown on the trailer, and had to be dealt with upon arrival.

On to a few pics.

First is the rig at Rolls place.
TDay2013 001.JPG
The most bikes I've had on the trailer so far, and thankful, still no quad.:smirk:
TDay2013 003.JPG
We got there, set up, there were some shenanigans at night(that I was asleep for), and this is Geek the next morning before he knew about it.
TDay2013 005.JPG
Camp Timo.
TDay2013 006.JPG
Nothing but problems with the 80, but we did manage to all make it to Randsburg.
TDay2013 008.JPG
BH at Shark Rock.
TDay2013 010.JPG
The great part of Spangler Turkey week.
TDay2013 012.JPG
Since the 80 was a POS, I was mostly camp bitch, and BH rode mine, and his friend rode his.
TDay2013 014.JPG
I think BH's friend looks good in pink.:smirk:
TDay2013 015.JPG
Wednesday came, BH left, and I took Rolls out so he could push his orange bike.:devil:
TDay2013 016.JPG
We mainly rode fresh washes, and open wet dez.:banana:
TDay2013 018.JPG

With the Marines taking JV, I'm thinking everything is fair game.:noidea:
TDay2013 020.JPG

TDay2013 021.JPG

More to come...

talk about curb side service,,
tday2013-003-jpg.19069

Timo, that was mighty white of you to sit camp side so your sons friend and can ride :thumb:

Nice report Tim. I wanted to add this picture of one of the trails my boy and I came across. This is the kind of nonsense I see at times that makes me look the other way when I come upon these stupid markers. How would someone interpret this set up? GOPR0201.JPGI guess if you stay to the right you are illegal but staying to the left you are good to go. :lol: That is the way I see it.

Thought I would finally post up about my end of the trip. I was trying to get a participant list from somewhere about mid October. Rolls, and myself were a given, Butt Head was coming for a couple days, and bringing a friend that had a "race bike", but since my Daughter was no longer on a team that works out over the holiday, she was a maybe. It was the week before I heard that my Daughter was out, and after multiple questions back and forth through BH about his buddys bike, (brand of scoot, 2 or 4 smoke, CC's) I deduced that it was some sort of quad.:picard:

A few days later, the kid with the quad was out, and BH was bringing a friend that had never been on a real bike, so it was up to me to find something for him to ride, and wear. The only option was the 93ish YZ 80 that hadn't ran in a year, but since there was no time to go through it at home, it was thrown on the trailer, and had to be dealt with upon arrival.

On to a few pics.

First is the rig at Rolls place.
View attachment 19068
The most bikes I've had on the trailer so far, and thankful, still no quad.:smirk:
View attachment 19069
We got there, set up, there were some shenanigans at night(that I was asleep for), and this is Geek the next morning before he knew about it.
View attachment 19070
Camp Timo.
View attachment 19071
Nothing but problems with the 80, but we did manage to all make it to Randsburg.
View attachment 19072
BH at Shark Rock.
View attachment 19073
The great part of Spangler Turkey week.
View attachment 19074
Since the 80 was a POS, I was mostly camp bitch, and BH rode mine, and his friend rode his.
View attachment 19075
I think BH's friend looks good in pink.:smirk:
View attachment 19076
Wednesday came, BH left, and I took Rolls out so he could push his orange bike.:devil:
View attachment 19077
We mainly rode fresh washes, and open wet dez.:banana:
View attachment 19078

With the Marines taking JV, I'm thinking everything is fair game.:noidea:
View attachment 19080

View attachment 19081

More to come...

:devil:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386435530.307773.jpg

Nice photo Timo! Aren't you also the photographer of the famous geekslide?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386435583.892626.jpg