Other 2013 Hondas

snapped a couple pics of the one Team Honda had on display at Buds Creek

832b931d.jpg

dfc88b94.jpg

Not sure I am diggin' the two different rear mufflers. One muffler is expensive enough, now you need to buy two?

My guess is that they did to increase noise suppression without seriously reducing flow. I would expect the aftermarket to offer single silencer conversions unless the chassis prevents installation of a larger single can.

I don't see the resemblance to a '97-99 CR, but If all current MX bikes were the same color, I'd have trouble telling them apart.

2010 was the first year for the stabilizer on the 250 i think.
hey is it just me or is the honda starting to llok like a ktm (talking about the body work)

Just to add to the discussion of the Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD), it was introduced in 2008 in both the 250f and 450 (I think). My 08 CRF250r had one, pretty cool! I wonder how it would compare to the 2007 without the HPSD.

My guess is that they did to increase noise suppression without seriously reducing flow. I would expect the aftermarket to offer single silencer conversions unless the chassis prevents installation of a larger single can.

I don't see the resemblance to a '97-99 CR, but If all current MX bikes were the same color, I'd have trouble telling them apart.
Honda claims the design with a muffler on both sides helps balance the handling.....plus as you stated noise suppression.

My source at Dr D told me they will offer both the dual and single set up but that they are getting better power from the single muffler set up plus ...... its 5.4 Lbs lighter!