450F 2012 wr450f

That is a good looking bike, I love the WRs, wont own anything else. I think once i get some money saved up (by the time that happens it will be 2013) i might have to buy a new one. :thumb:

Got to reading up on the 2012 WR, I seriously doubt that I would like it. Its basically a YZ with a headlight, and from the looks and sounds of it its not made for off road like the 2003-08 WRs were. Should have guessed it when they started leaning away in 2009 and 2010. They make you think that its designed for off-road, but with a YZ frame, YZ suspension, YZ fuel, air and oil system, a YZ sized gas tank, and the list just keeps going, there is nothing left that is WR except for the 18 inch rear wheel and the wide pegs. And the fact that it is green sticker and from the sounds of it cant be modified aside from aftermarket... WHAT THE HELL?!?!:rant:The fuel injection sounds like a plus, but we shall see. The YZ has its place and it should stay there, leave the WR to the off-roaders and design it with its own unique features. Ill test ride it, and put it through its off-road paces, but I dont think it will have the ability my 2004 does, or any of your guy's early year WRs have.

I think it will be a massive improvement especially in the suspension department.
the single chamber kayaba's suck in the ultra choppy stuff

I dont know, I like the feel of the suspension, and i have had no problems. But i think the major problem is that it is going to be way too snappy for trails. Dont get me wrong, i love a snappy bike. I think it will be like taking a YZ on tight trails and slow tactical riding, and we all know how well that works, not very well at all :smirk:. But we shalle see, anyone know the release date?

I dont know, I like the feel of the suspension, and i have had no problems. But i think the major problem is that it is going to be way too snappy for trails. Dont get me wrong, i love a snappy bike. I think it will be like taking a YZ on tight trails and slow tactical riding, and we all know how well that works, not very well at all :smirk:. But we shalle see, anyone know the release date?

I got owned by a ~60hp rmz on tech trails, or maybe it was the rider.....:devil:

Got to reading up on the 2012 WR, I seriously doubt that I would like it. Its basically a YZ with a headlight, and from the looks and sounds of it its not made for off road like the 2003-08 WRs were. Should have guessed it when they started leaning away in 2009 and 2010. They make you think that its designed for off-road, but with a YZ frame, YZ suspension, YZ fuel, air and oil system, a YZ sized gas tank, and the list just keeps going, there is nothing left that is WR except for the 18 inch rear wheel and the wide pegs. And the fact that it is green sticker and from the sounds of it cant be modified aside from aftermarket... WHAT THE HELL?!?!:rant:The fuel injection sounds like a plus, but we shall see. The YZ has its place and it should stay there, leave the WR to the off-roaders and design it with its own unique features. Ill test ride it, and put it through its off-road paces, but I dont think it will have the ability my 2004 does, or any of your guy's early year WRs have.

I don't know what article you were reading, but you are way off on your assessment.
The new WR has a 'YZ 250 inspired frame' : it uses the same YZ dimensions, but different wishbone so it will flex more. The YZ suspension is not valved the same as a YZ, if fact it's valved more like a stock KTM. Soft, but controlled. The Fuel Injection is not off of any other YZ model and is new to the new WR. It uses a 4 port nozzle instead of the easy-to-clog 12-port nozzle. But it can be upgraded. It still has the same motor as the 2007 WR, but with a different exhaust cam. Still the same Wide ratio tranny, compression ratio, stator moving mass, etc. etc. It is not an old YZ motor.
It is essentially the WR that is created by about 20% of the WR owners (like myself) who after riding ANYTHING else modern, find the stock suspension, even after modding, to be sub-standard, and would like more.