250F 2011 KX250F Stimulating.

You should never question Coach :prof:

YEAH JAMES! :lol:

you are right though, rust is bad, i meant in general though, as long as nothing is pitted no damage was done, you gotta watch for discoloration in the bearings too, i was told that if you clean them and they dont come out silver, or close to it they need to be replaced

James

Staff member
YEAH JAMES! :lol:

you are right though, rust is bad, i meant in general though, as long as nothing is pitted no damage was done, you gotta watch for discoloration in the bearings too, i was told that if you clean them and they dont come out silver, or close to it they need to be replaced
:thumb: Yeah I can see that applying to cars and such, but not linkage bearings as those are practically the most important bearing on the bike. Not to mention one of the worst things to be rusty.

Be a little more clearer next time.:smirk:

speaking of that... that was one of the things i did on the RM before it got taken away. took 4 hours to take it apart clean each individual needle clean out the linkage repack the linkage place all the needles back in and reassemble... :foul::foul::foul::foul: There was one part of the linkage (the part attached to the frame) that looked like it had NEVER been taken off the bike, the grease was brown and filled with grit, but every other part looked like it had just been done with some of that royal purple grease:foul::foul::foul::foul:

Regreased all of this : http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm...ID/254231/Group/REAR_CUSHION_LEVER_1996-1997#

James

Staff member
:thumb: My suspension guy told me that I should do that at least twice a year, even more if I ride in very wet conditions. So I generally do it during the pre-season & mid-summer tune ups.

Humm, So lets me get into this haha..

Those black dots. what those are is caps for two plugs. one is a dealer diagnostic port. the other is for a module to be added for allowing the use of kawasakis fuelmanagement software.

Second. Yes I have one and the reason I have my 07 suspension on it was well because I can and would rather run suspension thats valved for me then ride stock valving. I will have the sff system back this weekend and fine tuned for me at the track.

Other then that I transfered my wheelsets from the 07 over because they are well TRICK and I didn't feel like swaping sprockets so I left the 49 on it. How ever I now have the 50 on it and not sure which I like better yet.

James

Staff member
Those black dots. what those are is caps for two plugs. one is a dealer diagnostic port. the other is for a module to be added for allowing the use of kawasakis fuelmanagement software.
:thumb:Good to know. So what's the skinny on this fuel management software?

Second. Yes I have one and the reason I have my 07 suspension on it was well because I can and would rather run suspension thats valved for me then ride stock valving. I will have the sff system back this weekend and fine tuned for me at the track.
:thumb: I can understand that as my suspension was not setup for me when I first got my 05, don't need a :cripple: that could have been avoided. Let us know what you think about the new SFF system after you try it out.

It alows, for changing fuel ratios, ignition curves, & 6hrs of data logging exhaust temp, water temp, which gears, rpms, fuel percentages and what not to see whats going on when you're riding a track ect.

Initial 2011 suspension setup after MX-tech revalve and custom subvalve instalation.

SO I rode Motoland Sunday. Did a quick ride to warm the bike up on flat land. Rear felt great front seemed plush..

Got out on the track and WOW super plush but the rear was to soft on dampening rear end was not getting traction and bucking. No problem quick fix. Ran back and went 4clicks harder on the rear. Went back out and it was tracking great... Now for the SFF Well super plush on top and seems to be resisting botteming out. It's soaking up the small chop very well. Still need to do some fine tuning and get on the track I want to test the suspension with. This track gets rough and has some sections that I can bottem out the suspension.

As far as what I've rode the sff is going to be a steller setup. but I don't have enough time on a track I rip on to tell yet.

James

Staff member
Initial 2011 suspension setup after MX-tech revalve and custom subvalve instalation.

SO I rode Motoland Sunday. Did a quick ride to warm the bike up on flat land. Rear felt great front seemed plush..

Got out on the track and WOW super plush but the rear was to soft on dampening rear end was not getting traction and bucking. No problem quick fix. Ran back and went 4clicks harder on the rear. Went back out and it was tracking great... Now for the SFF Well super plush on top and seems to be resisting botteming out. It's soaking up the small chop very well. Still need to do some fine tuning and get on the track I want to test the suspension with. This track gets rough and has some sections that I can bottem out the suspension.

As far as what I've rode the sff is going to be a steller setup. but I don't have enough time on a track I rip on to tell yet.
:thumb: Sounds good :ride: