250F 2007 Yamaha WR 250F Clutch Replacement

Going to replace the clutch on my sons bike. I am finding a wide range of pricing on clutch kits starting as low as $44.95 for the Tusk brand from RMATV to $165.99 for an OEM kit from yamaha.

Does any here have any experience with the "Tusk" brand from RMATV? Where do you buy your clutch kits?

I've run a Tusk and it worked. It's not as good as a an OEM clutch. However, I have no problems with how it works and I feel that the price performance ratio is superior. I even have a second fresh one ready to go in the bike when needed.

Does the 07 WR have that tapered washer at the back of the clutch basket that caused problems with previous models or did they finally find out it was causing the clutch dragging problems. I'll try and post up a piccie if you aren't sure what I'm talking about. I bought my 06 WR250F fairly cheap as the clutch was shocking and took the chance I could fix it along with the steering head bearings. I took this washer out and changed to a Barnett clutch and it works great. It is part 14, spring clutch boss which was the problem.

canvas.png

Does the 07 WR have that tapered washer at the back of the clutch basket that caused problems with previous models or did they finally find out it was causing the clutch dragging problems. I'll try and post up a piccie if you aren't sure what I'm talking about. I bought my 06 WR250F fairly cheap as the clutch was shocking and took the chance I could fix it along with the steering head bearings. I took this washer out and changed to a Barnett clutch and it works great. It is part 14, spring clutch boss which was the problem.

It seems they did continue using the part I mentioned.

Ive heard lots of good things about the tusk thru the years for the price as cleonard said. I will be at work today if you want me to order another brand for you.

Going to replace the clutch on my sons bike. I am finding a wide range of pricing on clutch kits starting as low as $44.95 for the Tusk brand from RMATV to $165.99 for an OEM kit from yamaha.

Does any here have any experience with the "Tusk" brand from RMATV? Where do you buy your clutch kits?
wait something is wrong with this! why are you replacing you sons clutch make him do it him self! that kid needs to learn how to work on his bike already! :shocked:

Rack, I put the Tusk in mine and like it fine. I am hard on it too with all the hills I fall down on and I work the dickens out of it too, two seasons so far and it still works great. For 45 bucks you can buy three sets compaired to a barnett and since its only a half hour job to change you can't go wrong IMO!!

My son has done all of the work taking his bike apart. Here is a picture of the clutch that he took out of it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329490620.384237.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329490620.384237.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 63
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329490639.685013.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329490639.685013.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 64
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329490657.704438.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329490657.704438.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 65
My son has done all of the work taking his bike apart. Here is a picture of the clutch that he took out of it.
:thumb: Looks tasty. Once he slaps the new plates in, I will need to find tight, rocky canyon to have him break the plates in at...:thinking: :idea: :devil:

Trying to figure out how the cushion spring goes back in. :thinking:

It is not flat it is angled. Can you tell from this picture?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329583107.109345.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329583107.109345.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 55