125 2001 YZ125

Okay here she is, the latest addition to the stable, and the 4th Yamaha. The kid fell in love with it. Now he has a bike like mine. Ain't that cute?
She's a rat, needs everything.
The bungee snapped on the way home so we lost the seat and tank. If anybody happens to find a seat on the I-10 eastbound around 59th Ave in Phoenix, its probably mine, please grab it. We went back and found the tank but were only able to salvage the radiator scoops.
100_3116r.JPG 100_3118r.JPG
Forks are leaking badly and are in need of a rebuild I think, they're 'loose' inside. Tires are junk. I had a rear fender from my 250 and 400 lying around that fit. I think i have a set of old fork protectors off my WR that'll work. Needs a carb kit. I found a clutch handle and perch in a pile of misc parts, left foot peg is bent. Petcock slid along I-10 for a bit, might be salvageable. Rear sprocket is good :thumb:.
I need a service manual for it as well.
Also if anybody has any donor parts I'll probably be interested.
Not in a hurry to build cuz the kiddo ain't done learning on his cr80, so we got time too.

Last edited:
White air box 99-2000, you are in luck all parts are the same from those years.... The fork kits from 98-2003 are the same, OEM is a good price and found in the 2002 fork diagram.
Let me look in the shed, might have your foot peg, and I have a bunch of levers and stuff. Just list all things needed.

I remember when they went to the white airbox, said the surface temp was 10-15° cooler, therefore the air should be cooler as well. I guess either the logic was flawed, or they said screw it we like the black better.

The Mikuni carb I have matches the 01 in the OE Motosport parts fiche, got the extra little filter doodad thingy in the lower front.
My engine: E111E,
cylinder: 5MV00 124cm3 Y-1
frame: 5MV1-010.
Below is according to OEM-Cycle.com;
Yamaha YZ125 Bike ID.png

Last edited:
Damn I wish we wouldn't have lost that tank!!!
Gonna be $150 minimum to replace it, and that would be an IMS oversize.

@PALMER84ONE - I might take you up on your $85.00 pipe offer. I made a bid for one one eBay today though, so let me see if seller takes me up on it or declines it first.

Last edited:
If you're not picky about packaging, and the new hardware ie spring, bolts, and nuts. I usually have access to IMS foot pegs every week or so. I also find hilarious that I cleaned out the old semi crappy dirt bike parts off the shelf and I believe I had a tank that would have fit, but you know that adage about cleaning in Spring.

I have a left foot rest, no right.
Have the chamber also.
Heading to prescott this week, will be there till the 15-16th of Oct.
Okay, cool. I won the auction for that Clarke tank, $126.95 delivered. That extra 23 bucks less than what I was expecting to pay helps to lessen the sting.
So if you got the pipe & the left foot peg I'll just need a seat, a piston & cylinder, and a petcock.
And I should be off next week so I can drive up your way. It'll be a great time for a drive. Hell, I could even load up a bike if you're down for a ride...?
Thanks Palmer!
I'll PM you.

Okay, cool. I won the auction for that Clarke tank, $126.95 delivered. That extra 23 bucks less than what I was expecting to pay helps to lessen the sting.
So if you got the pipe & the left foot peg I'll just need a seat, a piston & cylinder, and a petcock.
And I should be off next week so I can drive up your way. It'll be a great time for a drive. Hell, I could even load up a bike if you're down for a ride...?
Thanks Palmer!
I'll PM you.

Ok, I'll bring the stuff out, but will pass on a ride. I must get the floors in so I can move furniture. I might head down to Phoenix also for supplies that Prescott does not have, have your #, just need the addy if I do.

Every day that goes by here in SoCal sucks!