RM125 2001 RM 125 problem (only runs good after 1/4 to 1/3 throttle)...carb issue?

This sounds pretty normal, just pay attention to the clutch basket. Suzuki is known for getting heavy notches in the clutch basket causing lurching and all sort of other problems.
this is the notching im speaking of.
grooves.jpg
take a course bastard mill file and file the grooves out smooth... thats what the plates are hangin up on...

bike drove me nuts...ended up selling it...started putting more into the bike than it was worth....

take a course bastard mill file and file the grooves out smooth... thats what the plates are hangin up on...

The below is a quote from me, to a reply from Nighthawk016: 's reply...
Ok, thank you for the reply....

It has a brand new basket, inner hub, steels and fibers....

Clutch does work perfect....no lurching, no drag, no slipping...Just thought it should start to move the bike when the lever was closer to the handle bars....

However, I never did get the bike running good enough that I was satisfied with it... so we sold it....

I do appreciate everyone's help/opinions...

Thread is closed....but can sit here for others to troubleshoot similar issues....

Last edited:
bike drove me nuts...ended up selling it...started putting more into the bike than it was worth....

The below is a quote from me, to a reply from Nighthawk016: 's reply...

However, I never did get the bike running good enough that I was satisfied with it... so we sold it....

I do appreciate everyone's help/opinions...

Thread is closed....but can sit here for others to troubleshoot similar issues....

What did you get to replace it?

oh I think your buuuuuwwwhhhaaaa is worn out or possibly the power band is worn, maybe both. I think you can buy them at the same place.

seriously: tell us if that is something it has done since you owned it, tell us what the spark plug looks like, and if you have recently changed anything else on the bike at about the same time. try to remember that if one of us were actually there it would be easier, so you are going to have to help me/us help you. toss in things like whether you have ridden any other 125's.

My bad...I should have added that into the post :lame:.........

Got a great deal on a 2010 yz125 from a buddy of mine.
I'll throw up a pic of it next chance I get :thumb:

It's been a great bike....

I am surprised that no one mentioned to set the float on yours. it makes up for lots of things, like the float tang wear as well as wear on the needle. all that makes them run richer. since you still own a carbureted bike I think I would learn that little trick. Those guys you used to see winning nationals on bikes with carburetors did it at least before each even, so every 14 years for your rm wouldn't have been too often. everyone seems to miss it in the manual. first step for any tuneup with me.

oh I think your buuuuuwwwhhhaaaa is worn out or possibly the power band is worn, maybe both. I think you can buy them at the same place.

seriously: tell us if that is something it has done since you owned it, tell us what the spark plug looks like, and if you have recently changed anything else on the bike at about the same time. try to remember that if one of us were actually there it would be easier, so you are going to have to help me/us help you. toss in things like whether you have ridden any other 125's.

ok i have replaced the jet needle becouse it was over fueling in ideling and i culd start with out choke and it also used alot of fuel

Hey are you answering your own questions? I thought I was the only one who did that. Of course mine usually end up in arguements and fighting.
When my bike is idleing it makes a bup bup bup sound and when I gas it all the way it goes bloooobleblebleooo then when I put it in gear and let out the clutch it goes brrraaapppp but really more of a buuuuurrpp. Seems to run pretty good but I was so seeit if that's ok?