South 20 Miles of New Trails... for an email... Easy !

Did you get a good turn out on the rock toss?

Well NO ! Thousands of views across DBA, TT, KTMTalk and ADV Rider and ONE guy showed from TT. You can say I am pretty disappointed. I had Jeepers... ATVers... a 70 year old volunteer in the middle of the creek tossing 50 pound rocks for us... but the only dirt bikers that came by were just passing through.

And we wonder why no one takes us seriously ? oh well I'll be back up there on Apr 14 finishing what we started since we didn't have the help we needed to get a simple job done yesterday. This kind of dismal turnout from our community does make me question my commitment.

We'll git-r-done. Not to worry. The letters you sent helped. Thank you. We got about 30-35 total. I consider that dismal too. But since our community so regularly falls flat on helping ourselves... the agencies actually think 30-35 is a strong response from us.

I can tell you after this week... the next guy sitting around the campfire that starts whining to me about losing trails is gonna get a freakin earful... I am so DONE with arm chair activists ! I truly understand now why real OHV activists and advocates go off on their own agendas whether the total community likes their solutions or not.

It's typical human behavior now-a-days. Everyone is a critic... everyone has a point of view... no one has the time to be there when they are needed to do the work. And the truth I am saying will turn off more folks than motivate... cause everyone is happy to get butt hurt and use it as an excuss for why they didn't help.

These are general observations Gary. And certainly not directed at you. I appreciate all help... and you pitched in last week. Thanks again.

It's for us all to decide individually where we stand... and what we do. I just don't wanna hear from one more armchair hypocrite in this lifetime about how anyone that is doing the work LET DOWN THE OHV COMMUNITY.

Grumpy Jeff aka Grumnpy BOLT off the soap box !

Dam it,
I know for sure that three or four of them letters were from my family. I am with you on turn out man, that is BS. I guess if I was in you shoes I would be plenty pissed but I heard someone complaining around the fire that didn't help out I would deck them instead of the earfull. Thanks again. But my words only go so far.

Gary

Damn I wish I wouldve seen this earlier.. I don't ride trails, but im all for anything dirtbike. Anything else like this comes up, feel free to just pm addresses and ill always be happy to help in any way I can.
Good luck with this :D