South 20 Miles of New Trails... for an email... Easy !

We need interested dirt bikers to send in one email supporting our Grant to get 20 miles of NEW DIRT BIKE trails added to our local forest trail system.

Comment period is NOW.

You have an opportunity to send a short email to the Forest Service & Green Sticker Grant Manager to show your support for these new trails in the Big Bear / Arrowhead / Silverwood area.

Trails that were on the chopping block were put on hold last year as a result of this project. The current Forest Supervisor is a smart lady. She wants a more comprehensive look at what trails can be made legal and which must be closed due to the roadless areas up there. Many trails were tossed out when they finalized their system because the OHV community was not heard from. In our defense most of us had no clue they were waiting for us to chime in.

Long story short they are trying to make right the lack of dirt bike only trails... and re-linking the forest to the BLM trails. The Apple Valley SSS society has nothing to fear from these additions to the trail system. Their secrets are theirs to keep.

Comment letters should be short and to the point and polite. Mine is none of these things, so don't type as much as I did. :) But feel free to use any of it as you like.

You can read my letter here: http://ridersonline.org/2012/smf/index.php...7.msg176#msg176

I'll PM any of you guys the email address we set up if you want to participate. The only reason I don't post it here is cause I don't want these folks to end up on 40 million spam lists from the open forum.

Thanks for your help... Jeff aka BOLT

Don't let them pull that roadless crap. A motorcycle trail IS NOT a road. We have managed to keep several of them in Sequoia NF. They always want to shut them down, but it is not required no matter what they say.

Anyhow, fire one my way.

no thank you... for being a TRUE activist. i admit i dont do a lot for the cause but little things like this that only take a few mins out of my day are a given

I know you are throwing stones today (I am taking care of my mom or I would be there in my LC), but should I have my wife and kids add to this from there e-mail accounts?

The deadline is NOW ! I am posting the info for tonight... The autoforwarding email goes dead tomorrow so the Forest Service & OHV Grants People don't get slammed with Internet Crawler generated spam.

USE IT OR LOSE IT TONIGHT FELLOW DIRT BIKERS

-------------------------------------------------->

Thank you !

Use email address newtrails@ridersonline.org
This will get your comments to the Head Forest Supervisor... and to the Green Sticker Grants Manager.

Make sure the subject line says:
Public Comment: SBNF Planning Grant - Deep Creek/Coxey Area

Short and to the point is best. Just let them know that after 30 years of no new trails that you support fully the new dirt bike only trails near Deep Creek. We want the ability to have a safe loop through the forest trail system free from conflict with passenger vehicles and ATVs and UTVs. And that we must have a legal trail system to connect to the legal BLM trails near Deep Creek.

Thats all they really need.

Be nice and thank them... and don't forget to sign with your NAME & CITY.

My comment letter was a bit long... but it can be found here: http://ridersonline.org/2012/smf/index.php...7.msg176#msg176

Thanks again... Jeff aka BOLT

I forwarded it to all the members of my family so I hope the eight+ will generate a good email. Thanks Jeff for all your efforts in the forest. Did you get a good turn out on the rock toss?