2-stroke or 4-stroke, what do you have?

2s, 4s or both?

• Total voters

James

Staff member
I currently only have a 4 stroke, however after riding G Man's 85 I sort of want one. Mostly just to play around with and so that I can learn how to work on them (2 strokes). However my primary bike will stay a 4 stroke, they're just to much fun. :ride:

I currently only have a 4 stroke, however after riding G Man's 85 I sort of want one. Mostly just to play around with and so that I can learn how to work on them (2 strokes). However my primary bike will stay a 4 stroke, they're just to much fun. :ride:

i have 1 of each, i love my 2-stroke but i do miss the low-end power of the thumpers, and that you can putt-putt along at 2mph on them

:lol: 4 stroke for me. YZ250F. I think I'de always stay 4 stroke, even though I've never been on a 2 smoke, they seem like they lack power from a distance, thats why. Though, I'de take whatever as long as I'm riding, and thats what it comes down to right?

:lol: 4 stroke for me. YZ250F. I think I'de always stay 4 stroke, even though I've never been on a 2 smoke, they seem like they lack power from a distance, thats why. Though, I'de take whatever as long as I'm riding, and thats what it comes down to right?

250f is to tall for me lol, you would like a 2-stroke if you had the chance to ride one, i have an rm85

When I had my 85, I traded my friend who has a 250f, and it really surprised him how powerful the 85 is, they can get away from you real fast...

oh i belive that i had a pretty scary wreck on mine, i was coming up to a ditch and there was a rut (from where i crossed the day before) i tryed to go beside it and when my front tire droped in the ditch i gave it the gas and my back tire spun into the rut, shot me toward a almost strait up and down hill which my front tire went over then luckily i laid it down or it would have been "all down hill from there" literraly

WHATTTTTT!!! lack of power:gibbs: dude why do you think the 125 2 strokes run with the 250f's and the 250 2strokes run with the 450f's????

take a look at Villopota eating up 250f's on a 85cc 2smoke

James

Staff member
WHATTTTTT!!! lack of power:gibbs: dude why do you think the 125 2 strokes run with the 250f's and the 250 2strokes run with the 450f's????

take a look at Villopota eating up 250f's on a 85cc 2smoke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndfbQg53KDc&feature=related
Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, it has more to do with skill/talent then the bike. :ride:

Also Jackson, in amateur motocross they actually run the 250 2 strokes with the 250f's (equal displacement rule) and yet the 250f's still tend to come out on top. Does that mean that the 250f's are more powerful? Absolutely not, it has to do with skill/talent. :P

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, it has more to do with skill/talent then the bike. :ride:

Also Jackson, in amateur motocross they actually run the 250 2 strokes with the 250f's (equal displacement rule) and yet the 250f's still tend to come out on top. Does that mean that the 250f's are more powerful? Absolutely not, it has to do with skill/talent. :P

oh, I am not going to get my panites in a bunch they fit too well for that to happen:P but I agree as far as Starting line to Finish line it is all rider not bike.

I would also say that only in amateur they race 250 2stroke to 250f because most pro ride 4 stroke because the stupid manufacters pushing the POS's but that is not what I am referring to. A 250 2stroke will beat a 250f 4stroke same rider same track on a time basis. My comment was to the comment yz made that 2 stroke seem weaker.

James

Staff member
A 250 2stroke will beat a 250f 4stroke same rider same track on a time basis.
:thumb: Correct, unless you're me, a 2T rides waaay different then a 4T and it takes some getting used to. :P And before I get slammed by somebody :rolleyes:, that was IMO. :smirk:

James

Staff member