250 1995 KX250 Larocco Replica Build

So my 95' KX250 that I built has been rode and abused for the past few years and since I just sold my 2015 CRF250R I decided to tear it down to the frame once again. However, this time i'll be making it a 1995 Larocco Replica. So far i've found the Acerbis disc guard, acerbis frame guards, a carbon fiber ignition cover, a stock pipe that I'm having blasted and will later use a torch to add some color to the welds, a NOS muffler, and i've ordered a reproduction seat cover and graphics from the UK. I've also dug out of my parts pile an extra seat, a silver set of wheels, plastics, and a skinny 95' style swingarm that's more period correct. I found a set of old school MXA graphics and a old school kevlar seat cover too. The seat cover is stained so i'll be using that seat when I ride it. I hope to have the frame painted by Thursday and to have it all done in the next three weeks or so. I've got the hardest parts done, which was sourcing period correct parts and the Acerbis guards since they don't make them anymore.

I'm going to make this build pretty darn accurate. The only inaccuracies will be that It wont have the KHI works hubs, KHI works rotors, KHI works shock, and KHI works forks. I believe the ignition cover I found is an old works part since it has KHI on it inside the cover. Since the works bike had magnesium inner and outer clutch cover I will be getting them anodized to closely resemble the factory bikes back in the day. I read in an interview in an mx mag that they actually ran the stock pipe and just sand blasted it and heated the welds so that it had that "works" look! Eventually, I hope that I can get the fork tubes Kashima coated so they are more accurate as well, but i'll probably just have the local racing shop revalve and spring the for me for the time being!

If anyone finds some Purple Renthals or a Purple/Yellow Renthal bar pad Let me know please!!!
Now enjoy the picture show :popcorn:

The End Goal

c0DIloi.jpg

gWR5k5W.jpg

Hhogd3I.jpg

Z9K8swy.jpg

Start of the Teardown

ZeqgHtU.jpg

fovXiIo.jpg

jBIix0E.jpg

WjQcA2A.jpg

Motor finally out!

2gy5BPp.jpg

Cleaning up the pieces..

yaxSQil.jpg

Wheels all nice and cleaned that I'll use when I ride it in SuperEvo races

bV7q8n9.jpg

Here's the extra graphics and stained cover i'll be using when I ride it

fdTQgqD.jpg

VoQJIux.jpg

Close up of the Stain, looks like mildew stains so i might try a mr clean magic eraser on it..

efhOAHO.jpg

The surprise seat cover under the seat cover i've been using for the past couple years :busted:

ZZ7BtVy.jpg

I'll update with more pictures once i'm off work! :thumb:

Last edited:
If anyone with a 94-98 KX250 is interested i'll be selling the like new Fatty pipe. and for 94'-02' KX250 owners i'll be selling the brand new Topar racing ignition cover and case saver.

Started painting the frame.. Looks a little bright even though I had the paint on another stock green frame color matched. The Swab looked good tho. So we'll have to see what it looks like once it's dry.

2gHYkSL.jpg

VwrinC9.jpg

Last edited:
So my 95' KX250 that I built has been rode and abused for the past few years and since I just sold my 2015 CRF250R I decided to tear it down to the frame once again. However, this time i'll be making it a 1995 Larocco Replica. So far i've found the Acerbis disc guard, acerbis frame guards, a carbon fiber ignition cover, a stock pipe that I'm having blasted and will later use a torch to add some color to the welds, a NOS muffler, and i've ordered a reproduction seat cover and graphics from the UK. I've also dug out of my parts pile an extra seat, a silver set of wheels, plastics, and a skinny 95' style swingarm that's more period correct. I found a set of old school MXA graphics and a old school kevlar seat cover too. The seat cover is stained so i'll be using that seat when I ride it. I hope to have the frame painted by Thursday and to have it all done in the next three weeks or so. I've got the hardest parts done, which was sourcing period correct parts and the Acerbis guards since they don't make them anymore.

I'm going to make this build pretty darn accurate. The only inaccuracies will be that It wont have the KHI works hubs, KHI works rotors, KHI works shock, and KHI works forks. I believe the ignition cover I found is an old works part since it has KHI on it inside the cover. Since the works bike had magnesium inner and outer clutch cover I will be getting them anodized to closely resemble the factory bikes back in the day. I read in an interview in an mx mag that they actually ran the stock pipe and just sand blasted it and heated the welds so that it had that "works" look! Eventually, I hope that I can get the fork tubes Kashima coated so they are more accurate as well, but i'll probably just have the local racing shop revalve and spring the for me for the time being!

If anyone finds some Purple Renthals or a Purple/Yellow Renthal bar pad Let me know please!!!

The End Goal

c0DIloi.jpg

gWR5k5W.jpg

Hhogd3I.jpg

Z9K8swy.jpg

Start of the Teardown

ZeqgHtU.jpg

fovXiIo.jpg

jBIix0E.jpg

WjQcA2A.jpg

Motor finally out!

2gy5BPp.jpg

Cleaning up the pieces..

yaxSQil.jpg

bV7q8n9.jpg

fdTQgqD.jpg

VoQJIux.jpg

Close up of the Stain, looks like mildew stains so i might try a mr clean magic eraser on it..

efhOAHO.jpg

The surprise seat cover under the seat cover i've been using for the past couple years :busted:

ZZ7BtVy.jpg

Just waiting for a COWasaki joke with that seat cover.... I like the kawi green as opposed to the flow green. Should be a sweet bike tho!! Love those "KX" checker flag graphics. Keep us updated!

Haha thanks guys. I didn't get much done today, just a lot of deep cleaning dirty parts and greasing bearings. But tomorrow forks will be going back on (I hope).

I've been emailing Throttle Jockey back and forth all day and they are going to be making the seat cover I need as well as the graphics now since I'm having issues with the other graphics company.

Got the motor and radiators back in and everything is torqued down. The radiators are now black like the 95's were. Forks are back on as well. Waiting for my graphics and 95' style plastics now (fender, number plate, fork guards). Found two purple bar pads as well! If anyone wants a black, red, and neon yellow 90's bar pad then PM me and reply. I've got a bunch of renthal bar pads (some new, some used) they're yours if you pay shipping since I just want the old purple ones.
ahcj6n0.jpg

BdrZPTU.jpg

The wild colors will be pretty rad

JnNTwaW.jpg

My main girl

mQ3sSbx.jpg

The End Goal

c0DIloi.jpg

gWR5k5W.jpg

Hhogd3I.jpg

Z9K8swy.jpg

Start of the Teardown

ZeqgHtU.jpg

fovXiIo.jpg

jBIix0E.jpg

WjQcA2A.jpg

Motor finally out!

2gy5BPp.jpg

Cleaning up the pieces..

yaxSQil.jpg

bV7q8n9.jpg

fdTQgqD.jpg

VoQJIux.jpg

efhOAHO.jpg

ZZ7BtVy.jpg

Ron LeChein seat cover.