Other 1993 Yamaha WR500 Teardown/Overhaul

SRAD97750

Staff member
487213_4782154643678_1180757259_n.jpg

:thinking: -BIG DAN

SRAD97750

Staff member
Mounted up my new wrench holders that I got from Christmas.
:thumb:
014.JPG

Anyways, I'm getting to the end of the FREE part of this rebuild. Here I am breaking down my wheels.

This photo is of a stripped screw I need to extract. First I need to nip the head off this countersunk screw.

001.JPG

004.JPG

GOT IT! Then I used an extractor to pull the remaining shank.

008.JPG

Rear rotor and some random swingarm bushings and associated hardware.

009.JPG

The casualties of the rebuild. Notice the triple clamp nuts.... they welded together and ate threads.... :picard:

010.JPG

Rear rotor and Sprocket removal

011.JPG

013.JPG

015.JPG

Random photo

016.JPG

Tires and tubes. All need replacement.

019.JPG

Wheel breakdown. Had a really hard time with these rear spokes. They are straight... so they spin in their recesses. Took a few pairs of visegrips and a ton of patience... not to mention the WD40 I used....

020.JPG

So I added a rotor screw and a rear rim to the list of things that are required. Along with the triple clamp nuts, which worked fine the last time I replaced the steering stem bearings. Must have over tightened the nut. OH well.
Next I'm putting together the shopping list including prices.
Engine teardown coming shortly also. I know some of you have wet dreams including pistons and rods... sickos...
-BIG DAN :thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Who doesn't like BIG HUBS? :smirk:

Sanding some fairings down. Sanded the tank a little bit also. Needs alot more work...
Thinking about different color schemes.... :thinking:

002.JPG

003.JPG

001.JPG

005.JPG

-BIG DAN :thumb:

SRAD97750

Staff member
Only vinyl decals for me! Thinking traditional race numbers, or like a sweet lazer beam!

These are some decals I have done for past bikes

12.jpg

13.jpg

Frikkin spray paint bombers :pout:
I did remove alot of spray paint... took about 45 minutes, with a palm sander, to sand 2 fairings and half the tank down to fresh plastic. :picard:
Painting plastics sucks.... -BIG DAN:thumb: