Other 1993 WR500 Pipe

start looking for a junk YZ 490 from 84 to 90. Those years have the pipe on the right side. Maybe you could get a junk one to see if it would fit then I believe there's all kinds of new out there you could drop squish on.

start looking for a junk YZ 490 from 84 to 90. Those years have the pipe on the right side. Maybe you could get a junk one to see if it would fit then I believe there's all kinds of new out there you could drop squish on.

I was going to say give him your pipe but then I remembered yours is an 83 and you were saving your pipe for foxemtgirl.

SRAD97750

Staff member
Ok, pipe is off to Fusion One.

The other guys all jerked me around for near a week and not even an address to ship it to.
Anyways, quoted $80 plus return shipping. We'll see how it goes. -BIG DAN:thumb:

what i have found from doing my own for so long is:
1. sometimes I can make a new one faster
2. when dealing with cracks and a maze of them sometimes it is better to cut on one side or the other and weld or braze from the back and front.
3. brazed ones will usually keep from cracking longer, but taking bends out by sealing the ends and heating them up is all but impossible. if the brazed section raises back up at all, it will generally leak badly.
4. if the header and cylinder junction is good, and the back cone is good, and I have a decent one to work off of I can get the length right and end up with the same performance that I began with.

what i have found from doing my own for so long is:
1. sometimes I can make a new one faster
2. when dealing with cracks and a maze of them sometimes it is better to cut on one side or the other and weld or braze from the back and front.
3. brazed ones will usually keep from cracking longer, but taking bends out by sealing the ends and heating them up is all but impossible. if the brazed section raises back up at all, it will generally leak badly.
4. if the header and cylinder junction is good, and the back cone is good, and I have a decent one to work off of I can get the length right and end up with the same performance that I began with.

It really is an art form.