Other 1993 WR500 Pipe

SRAD97750

Staff member
So FMF discontinued the only available pipe for the WR500.
Just in the nick of time, mine is completely useless.
Measures over 14 inches of cracks in the tightest bend. I have tried JB weld, like an idiot, and that lasted about as long as it take to get into gear.

The FMF Part Number was 20132 but has since been discontinued by FMF. There are many websites claiming they have one for sale, but are all out of stock when they call FMF.

I am open to ANY and all suggestions regarding a replacement.
Who is that company that fixes pipes?
I have money for it TODAY... Getting desperate. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Pacific Creast Pipe Repair. Call first and let them know what you have and inwould bet, they have you up and running for 80 bucks round trip. Also found under Pipe Repair.

Hey, start a gofundme. Hahaha

SRAD97750

Staff member
Pacific Creast Pipe Repair. Call first and let them know what you have and inwould bet, they have you up and running for 80 bucks round trip. Also found under Pipe Repair.

Hey, start a gofundme. Hahaha
Thanks, that was the company I was looking for. Not needing the money, just not willing to spend it for no reason!
Never used them but....... www.fusionone.com/ Supposedly will fix for 60$, I'm guessing it does not include shipping. just tried my crappy link and not surprisingly it don't work. But the site is there.
Yes, this was where I ended up when I looked online, but I figured there was a local one for similar pricing.
Thanks dudes. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Measures over 14 inches of cracks in the tightest bend. I have tried JB weld, like an idiot, and that lasted about as long as it take to get into gear.

The FMF Part Number was 20132 but has since been discontinued by FMF. There are many websites claiming they have one for sale, but are all out of stock when they call FMF.

My father in law from my first marriage decided to put the exhaust for his old Montego together in his drive way, didn't have a welder, so his plan was to put the exhaust joints together with duct tape and then drive a mile and a half down the road to a welding shop, I'd say you got a little further than he did with your JB weld "repair" as soon as he started moving he began running over mufflers and whatever else.

My father in law from my first marriage decided to put the exhaust for his old Montego together in his drive way, didn't have a welder, so his plan was to put the exhaust joints together with duct tape and then drive a mile and a half down the road to a welding shop, I'd say you got a little further than he did with your JB weld "repair" as soon as he started moving he began running over mufflers and whatever else.

Clamps are so overrated.

I hope these help.

http://www.pcsperformance.com/Contact_us.html

http://www.everything2stroke.com/co...ilders-and-fabricators-for-expansion-chambers

SRAD97750

Staff member
Thanks I'll give a few of these folks a call. Some custom pipes look so damn good.
EDIT- Talked to a few fellas at these custom pipe shops. They do some amazing work, but all of them quoted near $900 for a custom build.
I'll have to continue looking down the repair road. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Wow!!! I figured 4-500! Sorry bud. If I come across one I'll clean it up and then grab it for ya.

have you tried anything from a yz465 or yz490? IT of the same sizes? I have brazed lots of cracked ones that had a real network of cracks. sometimes putting a strap to bridge the "u" works to hold it all and keep it from cracking due to stress. Those things are trying to straighten out each time they have a large amount of throttle applied.

SRAD97750

Staff member
have you tried anything from a yz465 or yz490? IT of the same sizes? I have brazed lots of cracked ones that had a real network of cracks. sometimes putting a strap to bridge the "u" works to hold it all and keep it from cracking due to stress. Those things are trying to straighten out each time they have a large amount of throttle applied.
If I had a yz490 pipe handy I'd see where it is different, but several companies have assured me they aren't even close. The ITs for example are on the opposite side of the engine. The YZs have the same configuration and engine. Not sure why they wouldn't fit. -BIG DAN:thumb:

If I had a yz490 pipe handy I'd see where it is different, but several companies have assured me they aren't even close. The ITs for example are on the opposite side of the engine. The YZs have the same configuration and engine. Not sure why they wouldn't fit. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Is it worth getting a yz490 pipe and checking it out?
I'm sure it isn't anything horrible and you can probably adjust it with a sawzall and welder.

Probably a tank situation. we put yz pipes on an it465 and it needed just a little bit of help. but it was not to complicated. eliminated a big knot