250 1989 Yamaha YZ 250 For Dad

Floyd has this track lift in the roof of his shop. He made this little harness to hold handle bars straight on the sleds when he has to pull them in busted. once he had his sportster up on a pedstal stand that you can hardly see when it is underneath a bike. anyway he had the ironhead up there on it and got to thinking it would be pretty easy to knock over so he took the harness and put in on the bars and attached it to the trolley lift above,. most would think that the harness was holding the bike up alone. the harness was made from light nylon chord that had been nicked, worn, and beaten. One of his daughters' friends who had a kz 750 saw that and thought the harness would hold his bike up when it was time for brake pads and a tire. It held for about half way up to the 18" inches or so that he was hoping for.

I've got a great Dad....but he's never been on a bike, I'm jealous of you. That's part of why I spend so much time with my girls on the bikes, I know they do and will appreciate it years later. Hey maybe they'll build a bike for me when they're older?.......

I lost my father when I was 13, so lots of the things I did with my son as he was growing up was for me as much as him. I couldnt help but think about how my father would have loved to done those things with me. The payoff has been that my now mid 30's son is happy to have me along for anything. Not unusual for him to call me from one of the nearby airstrips and tell me to meet him and bring some firearms. Or that he has my sled on his truck and where to meet. I remember someone I can only feel sorry for telling me that flying for two hours to land on a sandy river bed for no other reason than to get out a pigeon tosser and break some clays was a waste of av gas when it would have been just as easy to shoot at my propery. So many miss that the activity itself is not the point.

I lost my father when I was 13, so lots of the things I did with my son as he was growing up was for me as much as him. I couldnt help but think about how my father would have loved to done those things with me. The payoff has been that my now mid 30's son is happy to have me along for anything. Not unusual for him to call me from one of the nearby airstrips and tell me to meet him and bring some firearms. Or that he has my sled on his truck and where to meet. I remember someone I can only feel sorry for telling me that flying for two hours to land on a sandy river bed for no other reason than to get out a pigeon tosser and break some clays was a waste of av gas when it would have been just as easy to shoot at my propery. So many miss that the activity itself is not the point.

Amen!

Looks like a pretty well tuned head and cylinder. Will you have to run the race gas???

SRAD97750

Staff member
So that no one else spends an hour fitting parts to verify that the Yamaha IPC is incorrect, I'll tell you right now...
This drawing is incorrect and will lead you down the path of frustration.

1.jpg

This is how the primary gears should be installed. Notice the primary meshing with the clutch basket nicely?
2.JPG

-BIG DAN:thumb:

So that no one else spends an hour fitting parts to verify that the Yamaha IPC is incorrect, I'll tell you right now...
This drawing is incorrect and will lead you down the path of frustration.

View attachment 26878

This is how the primary gears should be installed. Notice the primary meshing with the clutch basket nicely?
View attachment 26879

-BIG DAN:thumb:

Shit dan. I have this manual and didn't think to send you pics. Sorry buddy. :(